Page 1 of 1

Hasegawa 1/72 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:29 am
by Thumboy
Final Reveal

Here are the final reveal photos of my second entry into the Rising Sun GB. Hasegawa 1/72 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden. For all the info, history and my journey through this build please check out my build thread. I have enjoyed building this little kit from Hasegawa, the level of external detail was great but a bit lacking in the cockpit , a problem solved with eduards p.e set (which also added some nice details and upgrades for the exterior). Painted in Tamiya acrylics and weathered with oil paints, pastels and Tamiya weathering master sets.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

next to her baby brother (one of my first models made about 18 months ago)

Image


Thanks for looking :cheers2:

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:32 pm
by planemaker
Awesome work Andrew! :thumb2: I love strange aircraft! :banana:

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:44 pm
by shortCummins
great job! and a nice touch showing her next to the Zero showing her to be a surprisingly big aircraft :th:

I still don't know how you get such detail at 1/72 :bow::

best rgds
John (shortCummins)

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:39 am
by panzerman
Wonderful job on the Shinden. Nice lean build with a top notch paint job. That is such a futuristic looking plane....makes it seem out of time/space.
Congrats on finishing the group build.
Bill.

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:12 am
by wally
Nice looking aircraft. I like this aircraft a lot looking very different from another in that period. I have plan to build this kit but in 1/48th scale so your build will be my inspiration. :th: