Me Bf109E 1:144 (Revell)

Post Reply
User avatar
lilliputmodels
Private
Private
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:04 pm
Contact:

Me Bf109E 1:144 (Revell)

Post by lilliputmodels »

Image

Hi everyone, today I would like to show you my German Me Bf 109 model.

[youtube]uSNpXkMBHEA[/youtube]

To build this model I have used Revell's Me Bf109E scale model kit from Microwings series. The kit was fairly easy to build and the instructions were pretty straightforward. First I have started building the model by assembling the fuselage and the wings of the aircraft. After that I have used Tamiya's white putty to fill in the empty spaces in between the parts of the fuselage. Then I have primed the model with Mr. Color's black spray primer. I think the black prime complemented this model really well. To paint the model I have used Vallejo's Flat Yellow (#15), Reflective Green (#90), Deck Tan (#110), Dark Blue Grey (#157) and Black Green (#100).

Image

The instructions on the kit regarding the painting were actually different but I have decided to go my own way which was not a bad idea in hindsight. I have used masking tapes to create unique Me109 camouflage with sharp lines on the wings. I have painted the wings with Deck Ten and Reflective Green. After the paints have dried I have removed the tapes as you can see from the photos. Even though the instructions did not include a yellow nose, I thought it would be more interesting to have it. After the nose, I have painted the rest of the fuselage with Dark Blue Grey again with some masking tapes. The painting process went rather smoothly so it provided a clean cut result.

Image

After the body was finished I have painted the propeller with Black Green. Then I have proceeded with placing the decals on the model and applied decal fixer on their surface. For weathering I have used AK Interactive's grime products and applied on the model. One thing that I did not like very much was that the grime effect gathered too much on the decals. I'll try to find a way to avoid it next time. Overall I think I have obtained an average result. The painting was okay but I think certain details were lost during the process since this is a very small scale model. Nevertheless it was definitely fun.

Image

This model kit can be finished in just a couple of hours and it is ideal for beginners like myself. I hope you liked the results. If you have any tips, please share them in comments section below.

Thank you for your support, and have a great day!
I wish you a great day and thank you for your support. Keep modelling!
Lilliput Models on Youtube
Lilliput Models on Facebook
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Me Bf109E 1:144 (Revell)

Post by chief5437 »

Nice work. I know what you mean about the details, they can easily be lost at this scale. Nice job buddy!
Chief
User avatar
lilliputmodels
Private
Private
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Me Bf109E 1:144 (Revell)

Post by lilliputmodels »

chief5437 wrote:Nice work. I know what you mean about the details, they can easily be lost at this scale. Nice job buddy!
Thank you chief :) Cheers
I wish you a great day and thank you for your support. Keep modelling!
Lilliput Models on Youtube
Lilliput Models on Facebook
User avatar
Homerlovesbeer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Australia

Re: Me Bf109E 1:144 (Revell)

Post by Homerlovesbeer »

Nicely done. The painting would take up most of your time I imagine.

This would still take me weeks however lol

How do you see such small details? Your eye's must be amazing. :)
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”