Hello to you all

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Locked
simont
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Great Britain

Hello to you all

Post by simont »

Hello to everyone here :D

I am returning to modelling after a break of cough cough years (about 20) and would like to ask for some advice from all of you experts.

I have been watching Pauls excellent technic videos on You Tube and just wish to check on whether the products are still valid. I will be brush painting to begin with and wondered what was the best paint to use (preferably water based) and what the best thinner is (other videos I have been watching seem to thin their brush paints).

I will be buying from Ultimate for the sanders and thinner (if this is the right stuff), and from emodels for the paints and glue.

I have some old kits, new to me but off ebay, not too worried about the end result as my son will be playing with (destroying :P ) them, this is more about getting back into the hobby and trying to move my skills beyond my previous ones.

Thanks for any help or advice you all have.

Simon
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello to you all

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Simon :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Hello to you all

Post by schweinhund227 »

:welcome: :hi: :cheers2:
Locked

Return to “Introductions”