Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 and Hobbycraft P-40C

Post Reply
User avatar
peaceduringwar
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Delaware, United States
United States of America

Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 and Hobbycraft P-40C

Post by peaceduringwar »

Hello all,

Working on a second Tamiya Zero and decided to build Hobbycraft's boxing of the Academy P-40C. The Zero has the cockpit finished and wings joined and filled to the fuselage and, the P-40 just has the cockpit started. The Zero I am going with sky over green, and the P-40 will be RAF green and brown over sky. Hope to post more pics of progress soon.
Thanks Everyone :cheers2:

Image
Image
Chris
Image
Why must I have insufficient funds?

On the Bench:
1/72 Italeri B-25B
1/48 Tamiya A6M2-N
1/350 Dragon Ohio Class SSBN
1/700 Tamiya IJN Kinu
User avatar
peaceduringwar
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Delaware, United States
United States of America

Re: Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 and Hobbycraft P-40C

Post by peaceduringwar »

Alrighty then, got the P-40 cockpit done and installed, and the engine w/prop finished on the zero.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Chris
Image
Why must I have insufficient funds?

On the Bench:
1/72 Italeri B-25B
1/48 Tamiya A6M2-N
1/350 Dragon Ohio Class SSBN
1/700 Tamiya IJN Kinu
User avatar
peaceduringwar
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Delaware, United States
United States of America

Re: Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 and Hobbycraft P-40C

Post by peaceduringwar »

Another update for the current builds,
The P-40 now has camo and a few bits glued on and painted. Tried using paper masks for the camo but didn't turn out great (had a lot of touch up to do). Overall I am satisfied with how it turned out. I need to try other masking techniques for this style of camo. The zero is on hold for now until i find a new canopy for it, as the one that I was masking was a critical failure. A dull knife will do that. Overall both are coming together quite nicely so far.
:cheers2:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Chris
Image
Why must I have insufficient funds?

On the Bench:
1/72 Italeri B-25B
1/48 Tamiya A6M2-N
1/350 Dragon Ohio Class SSBN
1/700 Tamiya IJN Kinu
User avatar
patrickroos
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Sweden
Sweden

Re: Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 and Hobbycraft P-40C

Post by patrickroos »

Nice work!
Clean build and camo looks great. :th:

:cheers2:
-----------------------
In progress:
A long list of stuff to finish...

Finished stuff (I have actually managed to finish something :dance: ):
http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.p ... 88&start=0
User avatar
peaceduringwar
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Delaware, United States
United States of America

Re: Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 and Hobbycraft P-40C

Post by peaceduringwar »

I finally have sourced a replacement canopy for the Zero, and can continue with that build. :dance: In the mean time I have finished the P-40. Going to post more pictures of the P-40 in the gallery soon.
:cheers2:

Image
Image
Chris
Image
Why must I have insufficient funds?

On the Bench:
1/72 Italeri B-25B
1/48 Tamiya A6M2-N
1/350 Dragon Ohio Class SSBN
1/700 Tamiya IJN Kinu
Post Reply

Return to “Prop Aircraft”