Page 1 of 1

Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:43 pm
by Darklen
After a nine year hiatus, I've started building again. Starting off with a couple of OOTB builds before jumping in again. Thought Academy's old KIFV would be a decent second build. I'm finding out just how rusty I am. At any rate, here's the somewhat spartan interior. I didn't want to do too much as this is more of a skills recovery build.

Image

And my merger attempt at the drivers instruments.

Image

Re: Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:12 pm
by schweinhund227
You call that a meagre attempt at painting instruments???
Knowing how small they are... I find that Fantastic !!!
awesome interior details.... very different from a Normal APC.

Looking forward to more updates....

Keep up the good work.

Re: Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:33 am
by Darklen
Decided to punish myself for staying away so long. Going with the Malaysian UN version in white. Every picture I have of them from Bosnia is pretty damn clean. Going to have to go light handed at weathering. Here's the running gear with a light grime wash. One road wheel turned out kind of brownish. Not sure why.

Image

Re: Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:40 am
by Darklen
Most of the build is done. Nothing fancy. Everything out of the box. Lost one of the hinge parts for the drivers hatch, so fabricated a new on. Hate the tracks. Wished I'd gotten Fruil tracks. These are a royal pain to assemble and there's a decent sized sink hole in the shoe of every track.

Image

Hatches are still openable to show off the interior. Hope to have it done in the next day or so.

Re: Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:08 am
by Coen
Whoa! Very cool!
Dude! You can paint. :)

Re: Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 am
by peaceduringwar
Very nice work on the interior I say. Looking forward with future posts. I also have not seen very many UN marked vehicles built. It's turning out to be a very clean build.

Re: Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:39 pm
by Darklen
This is my second one. I did one many moons ago. Tamiya's Bushmaster Hummer. Just for giggles, I painted it in UN/Canadian markings.

Re: Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:06 am
by Darklen
Finally had time to paint, install tracks and side armor and do a light wash. Drybrush in white and I think it's done, other than the guns, armor shield and some fiddly bits.

Image

Image

Re: Academy KIFV (Korean K200)

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:27 am
by Coen
Awww that's nice work dude! Weathering white like that is tricky.
You did a proper job on it.
That's going to be a sweet piece. :th: :th: :th: