Revell 1/72 Arado Ar 196 A-3
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:59 pm
I was thinking about a second entry for this SiG and went through my stash. At first i had Eduards Hellcat in mind but there are already some very nice builds of those here and so i went for something else. My choice is the good ( hopefully ) old ( 1979 Matchbox tooling
) Arado 196 A-3.
It was maybe the best shipboard reconnaissance plane of its time and i think it deserves a place in here!
I will be building it with camo and markings from the "Bordfliegergruppe 196" stationed on the battleship Tirpitz.

The kit has some flash and raised detail but i think it still looks alright considering its age.
Nice boxart!





It was maybe the best shipboard reconnaissance plane of its time and i think it deserves a place in here!
I will be building it with camo and markings from the "Bordfliegergruppe 196" stationed on the battleship Tirpitz.

The kit has some flash and raised detail but i think it still looks alright considering its age.
Nice boxart!




