Page 1 of 1
F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:36 am
by MassterOzymandias
In my first GB in this forum, I'm very excited to announce my entry:
Created in 1982, the combat squadron and air patrol of the Mexican Air Force is kept in operation to protect the Mexican air space with F5 - Northrop jets from the U.S. The emblem of the squadron is inspired in by the Prehispanic Aztec Tiger Warrior.
In this year, Mexico commemorated the centennial of the Fuerza Aérea Mexicana (Mexican Air Force). I will build the HobbyBoss F5-E Tiger II in 1/72 scale with decals from Aztec Models for the mexican version.
Here are the images:
Greetings from México!
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:54 am
by Goose
Hello,
Interesting build. Pay attention and be careful with those decals becoz a friend of my club tried to build the f5E in 1/48th scale fro afv, it was all good till he began the decals session. they react quite badly at the micro set and sol. He explained us that their very very fragile!
good luck
Goose
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:07 am
by MassterOzymandias
Goose wrote:Hello,
Interesting build. Pay attention and be careful with those decals becoz a friend of my club tried to build the f5E in 1/48th scale fro afv, it was all good till he began the decals session. they react quite badly at the micro set and sol. He explained us that their very very fragile!
good luck
Goose
Thanks Goose. I use the Microscale products so I'll be careful with the decals. Thanks again for the advice.
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:54 am
by MassterOzymandias
I started the kit with the cockpit in the same scheme of the FAM
The kit provides this pieces for the cockpit
Priming
The decals for the panel and sideboards are too flat, so I decided paint them.
Zoom to the Control panel
The seat and the sideboards
Pilot and cockpit ready.

Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:16 am
by Nige201980
Cracking start on the cockpit mate.
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:58 pm
by MassterOzymandias
Nige201980 wrote:Cracking start on the cockpit mate.
Thanks buddy. I will upload more pics
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:25 pm
by MassterOzymandias
I continue with this funny building.
I put the cockpit in the fuselage and looks well for me
In a dry building, I looked the diferences between the kit and the real Tiger in Mexico. Before of this, the unions of the fuselage need a sanding a lot and repaneling
The kit is perfectly for the most of the modifications. The only thing that I need is cut the tail for put the extension like the mexican version. I made it with plasticard.
So, the F-5 looks like this with the parts of the mexican version
Tomorrow I will work in the landing gear and the last details before painting work.
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:48 pm
by Gav0909
Looks good, nice work on the various Mexican specific parts there, they really add to the model.

Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:00 am
by Danta2er
the tiny cockpit looks terrific and I really like all of the Fuerza Aérea Mexicana details

Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:29 am
by Homerlovesbeer
Fantastic job on painting all the instruments and dials....really nice!
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:43 am
by MassterOzymandias
Gav0909 wrote:Looks good, nice work on the various Mexican specific parts there, they really add to the model.

Danta2er wrote:the tiny cockpit looks terrific and I really like all of the Fuerza Aérea Mexicana details

Homerlovesbeer wrote:Fantastic job on painting all the instruments and dials....really nice!
Thanks pals! I'm glad that you like it!
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:32 am
by MassterOzymandias
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:10 am
by MassterOzymandias
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:21 am
by MassterOzymandias
Re: F-5E Tiger II of the Mexican Air Force
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:59 am
by MassterOzymandias
Ups I think I fall.