Page 1 of 1

Tiger I in France

Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:07 pm
by AgentG
In 50 years of modelling this is only the second Tiger I I have ever built. It's the Tamiya "Mid-Production" version with their own indy link tracks. I got it in a raffle so I splurged on Tamiy's zimmerit set and a RB barrel.

Image

Image

Image

Cables are picture wire using the kit's cable ends. Everything else is scratchbuilt or from a leftover PE set.

She's going into primer as we speak.
G

Re: Tiger I in France

Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:54 pm
by cib2265
looks great - love the scratchbuilding to bring the Tamiya tiger up a notch and that zimmerit looks very good too.

i have this kit and the zimmerit package in the stash and hope to get to it this year!

Re: Tiger I in France

Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:26 am
by Coen
Those are some fine mods G. Nice work bud.

Re: Tiger I in France

Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:11 pm
by Noobmodeler521
Looks great so far nice job :thumb1: I have built a similar kit and the Tamiya Tigers although not on par with dragon, are pretty decent for the price. Can't wait to see this thing painted up :th:

Re: Tiger I in France

Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:32 pm
by Nige99
Nice work so far! Look forward to seeing what colour scheme you are going to use.

Re: Tiger I in France

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:50 pm
by AgentG
Thank you all!

She's in primer as we speak. I begin my work week tonight so it may be a bit before I post updates.

Chris this is an oldy but a goody. Builds fast even with the zimm.
Noob she certainly looks the part even in primer.
Nige she'll be in a yellow/green/brown scheme typical of 1 SS sPzAbt in Normandy. Heavy on the green and brown.

G