Page 1 of 1

Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:24 pm
by Tamiyasnob
So here are the photo,s of the finished build.I really enjoyed building this kit,as I intended this was an out of the box build with only Tamiya item,s used throughout. although this is a WWII aircraft it didn,t see a great deal of action hence the lack of a diorama setting, so I sat it on it,s trolley and only lightly weathered it. This is my first group build and thank,s to that I built the kit to completion without shelving it in preference to something else, a first for me also.

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:25 pm
by Nige201980
Looks great mate

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:27 pm
by DC87
Really nice - well done :clap:

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 am
by Lee
Well done matey, that's a tidy plane right there :th:

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:28 am
by T3hGuppy
Very nice dude :th:

Isn't this the plane they were going to launch from Submarines?

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:30 am
by muskegman
Nice build :thumb2:

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:43 am
by Tiger131
looks superb love the weathering

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:46 am
by hansolo
Yeah, excellent paintjob!!

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:03 am
by Coen
Yeesh....
I explode in light of your awesomeness. :boom:
Nice work!

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 pm
by Tamiyasnob
Yes ,this plane was launched from submarine,s ,this particular claim to fame (although not in this paint scheme) was a mission to attack American shipping, but on it,s way it received a radio message informing the crew of Japan,s surrender. I believe they where painted natural metal and given American star,s and bar,s to avoid recognition. May build another if I can find a suitable decal sheet and some more photo,s and info.

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:44 pm
by Gav0909
Looks great mate, turned out really nicely!

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:40 am
by PhildaFish
Nice work!

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:37 am
by gosselin2112
Nice work on an interesting and uncommon subject.

:th:

Re: Tamiya 1/48th Aichi M6A1 SEIRAN

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:44 am
by chief5437
Looks great! Interesting history too.