Page 1 of 1

Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:00 pm
by chief5437
Hey guys, after a few weeks of mojo loss, I decided to get back on the horse by joining this GB.

Picked this little snap together kit up today.

Image

Sprues and instructions.

Image

Cockpit done, didn't do too much here, just a wash, as you can't see much once the canopy's on!

Image

Ten minutes later..... All ready for some paint! The masking looks a bit shabby in the pic but it's ok in real life, lol!

Image

That's all for now, I'm off to look for speeder pics! :th: :th:

Re: Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:44 am
by chief5437
Two updates in one night! It's nice to get back into the swing, lol!

Gave the speeder an undercoat, followed by some chipping fluid.

Image

Got to work scrubbing away!

Image

Image

Looks a bit prominent right now, that should get toned down later. Don't worry about the circle underneath, that's where the stand fits!

Masked off for some panel colours.

Image

And then chipped the panels with a small brush.

Image

Image

Sprayed some of the details, now ready for a gloss coat and a visit to the decal dungeon, hoping I can find something useable!

Image

Not too bad for a nights work, thanks for looking guys! :th: :th:

Re: Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:27 am
by Coen
Very very Cool Chief!!
:banana: :banana:

Re: Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:41 pm
by chief5437
Cheers Mike! :th: your Falcon is looking fantastic btw, good job!

Here's my final update on this.

Got some decals on, just small generic stencils from the decal dungeon.

Gave it a panel line wash with dark grey. Then applied a Matt varnish, and put some filter on some of the panels and a few dots here and there.

Image

Finally, I added a tow cable to the rear, to take out those pesky AT-AT's!

Image

And that's it done! I'll post more in the reveal section.

Cheers guys :th: :th:

Re: Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:04 pm
by tiking
Really nicely done.

Re: Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:08 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Looking great, you are doing a good job on a Revell kit
I do totally recommend the new BanDai's

Hey are you guys panel line washing after a clear coat or before on these kits????
They are so beat up and weathered, I did mine before a clear coat so more oil stain would stick but have less control of how much stays

Re: Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:20 pm
by kiwigav
Sweet weathering and chipping mate :th:

Re: Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:20 pm
by chief5437
Thanks guys!
@twokids I usually do my panel lines after gloss coat. Then I do other weathering after the Matt coat for the reasons you've stated. Hope that makes sense!

Re: Chiefs snap snowspeeder

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 am
by Twokidsnosleep
chief5437 wrote:Thanks guys!
@twokids I usually do my panel lines after gloss coat. Then I do other weathering after the Matt coat for the reasons you've stated. Hope that makes sense!
Yep it does make sense
I should have cleared mine before I brought out the washes just for more control
Luckily these things get pretty messy and weathered