Oh well guys couldn`t wait to start this kit.
Since seeing this review I have been researching this tank in particular 12 SS Panzer Division Tank 615. I discovered that this particular Tank was captured by the British in 1945 after that no records for this tank.
seeing as Paul already did the review I wont do the unboxing photos.
here is a Youtube video of the inside of a Panzer IV.
In researching the Maybach HL 120 motor I found that depending on which factory the engine came from they where either painted Tank Grey or Olive Green. As I have Tank Grey that is the colour I will paint mine. interior off white actually refers to Ivory gearbox was also Tank Grey and the generateor was Flat Black.
most of the engine components assembled ready to build it up.
assembled nearly ready for paint.
floor is coming together nicely .
gearbox is getting close to being painted
Super kit Sheppy I recently picked one up along with a Trumpy King Tiger 2in1
my wallet isn't very well at the moment but who cares PLASTIC HEAVEN RIGHT ??
looks like you are making great progress , I fancy doing a 12th SS machine too so I'm currently researching it .
I'll be watching with interest mate !
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:28 pm
by sheppy
Hi all here is an update as to what ive been doing.
got some parts ready for paint.
did manage to get paint onto the engine.
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:02 pm
by Donkeywalloper
Excellent work mate
John
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:03 pm
by Donkeywalloper
Excellent work mate
John
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 pm
by sheppy
Thanks guys and that's pre weathering going to give it a coat of gloss tomorrow to protect what ive done before starting the weathering
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:59 pm
by sheppy
Nige1940 wrote:Super kit Sheppy I recently picked one up along with a Trumpy King Tiger 2in1
my wallet isn't very well at the moment but who cares PLASTIC HEAVEN RIGHT ??
looks like you are making great progress , I fancy doing a 12th SS machine too so I'm currently researching it .
I'll be watching with interest mate !
Nige the 12 SS Panzer Division has there own facebook site
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:37 am
by sheppy
engine all weathered just the airbox to add.
have done enough or is there more I could have done.
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:23 pm
by mick
great start
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:46 am
by Nige1940
looking great ! will you be adding Zimm when its nearly complete ?
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:36 pm
by sheppy
Nige1940 wrote:looking great ! will you be adding Zimm when its nearly complete ?
Yes Nige I will be . Ordered a pack of zimmerit from ATAK last night.
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 am
by panzerman
Nice work on the big scale Panzer. Engine looks great. Looks like a marvelous kit....lots of detail. Have fun.
Bill.
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:04 pm
by sheppy
Thanks guys hopefully have more photos soon. Secret to this kit is as Paul says break it down to sub assemblies.
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:16 pm
by Nige1940
sheppy wrote:
Nige1940 wrote:looking great ! will you be adding Zimm when its nearly complete ?
Yes Nige I will be . Ordered a pack of zimmerit from ATAK last night.
The ATAK zimm ! Its Stunning mate ! I got my set earlier this week to start the pile of AM for this beast .
there are 3 different patterns included for the front armour alone and some options for the side armour and transmission hatch too
cracking set .
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:50 pm
by sheppy
So guys here is where im up to
interior of the front panels.
clipping the tracks and pins from there sprues.
rear panel
and building the ammo storage.
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:00 am
by sheppy
Zimmerit turned up so have been adding it onto the tank.
having to modify this piece as there is no relief for the track clamps on the rear.
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:00 pm
by mick
great progress
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:08 pm
by sheppy
Sorry I haven`t posted for a while life getting in the way namely, my specialist says no to me working and the job centre says yes.
But here is where I'm up to.
Tank crew built and painted just a bit more to do to them.
Suspension built on both sides
Tank tracks done aswell
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:01 am
by Stokesy44
Really nice work. Tracks look beautiful too.
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:53 am
by Demaclies
Wanted this kit the moment I saw it one of the Airfix magazines. But I got my hands full with 1/16 Panda Hobby PZ.38T, a 1/16 Hobby Boss Tiger 1(early) a Trumpter 1/16 M16 multiple gun motor carriage. ( m3 half track with the 4 .50 cals in a turret) and a Trumpter 1/16 King Tiger 2 n 1 .
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 pm
by hkopper
Outstanding work ......the zimm looks spot on!
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:01 am
by Doctorgaz
Very interesting work!!!
I have the same model, but assembly didn't begin yet. In work I will be guided by you.
We wait for continuation.....
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:58 am
by Kevinzane
Its looks great!! The panzer IV is a awsome machine and you are doing a great job with it.
I wish I had the space for a model in that scale.
Keep up the good work!
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:04 am
by Stokesy44
Demaclies wrote:Wanted this kit the moment I saw it one of the Airfix magazines. But I got my hands full with 1/16 Panda Hobby PZ.38T, a 1/16 Hobby Boss Tiger 1(early) a Trumpter 1/16 M16 multiple gun motor carriage. ( m3 half track with the 4 .50 cals in a turret) and a Trumpter 1/16 King Tiger 2 n 1 .
Dude! What do you do for a living? Rob banks?
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:12 am
by Stokesy44
sheppy wrote:Sorry I haven`t posted for a while life getting in the way namely, my specialist says no to me working and the job centre says yes.
But here is where I'm up to.
Fantastic. Are you planning to show the interior somehow?
Re: Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV H
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:45 am
by Demaclies
Stokesy44 wrote:
Demaclies wrote:Wanted this kit the moment I saw it one of the Airfix magazines. But I got my hands full with 1/16 Panda Hobby PZ.38T, a 1/16 Hobby Boss Tiger 1(early) a Trumpter 1/16 M16 multiple gun motor carriage. ( m3 half track with the 4 .50 cals in a turret) and a Trumpter 1/16 King Tiger 2 n 1 .