Page 1 of 1

"For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:36 am
by felisbarcinonensis
A parcel from the UK. "For the love of Freddy" GB Entry

[youtube]-y4qnKu9T8w[/youtube]

Re: "For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:48 am
by felisbarcinonensis
"For the Love of Freddy GB" Hercules C-130E/ H Update 1

[youtube]84HHozng_iA[/youtube]


First steps...


A brand new Hercules

Image




Landing stuff added... Bird jargon... What's that?

Image




Cockpit completed

Image




Just for effect...Not glued yet

Image




Cargo platform

Image




Perfect fitting... no seams at all

Image




It's a kit with a great design

Image




Cockpit primed. I had to correct some injection pin marks here but there's a high level of detail

Image




Finally, I primed the cargo area...

Image

Re: "For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:48 pm
by felisbarcinonensis
"For the love of Freddy" GB. Update 2

[youtube]doMshFJx574[/youtube]


Big Bird's Undies

I airbrushed the cockpit with light grey a bit of blue

Image




I also airbrushed the rest of the interior with the same mixture

Image




The cargo base was airbrushed with light grey and panzer grey

Image




Cockpit details were painted...

Image




I used metal to enhance this platform

Image




I added a wash on the cokckpit

Image




I did the same with the cargo platform

Image




Image




I painted these panels with aluminum and light grey and then I sealed it

Image




Dark wash...

Image




Paneling was enhanced with aluminum

Image




I added clear parts with white glue

Image




It's taking shape...

Image




Extra weight was included;This is real shrapnel from 1938 found in the woods. It's pretty heavy

Image




Birds and cats need their recovery time...

Image




Seams need to be polished and covered...

Image




Putty works perfectly here...

Image




That's it! It's ready to be primed...

Image




Image


Thanks for watching!! :cheers2:

Re: "For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:40 am
by Tacoman2000
looks amazing. I am actually in the hunt for a 1/48 version of the C-130. I built one years ago and gave it the the Idaho Air National Guard. Want to redo it and keep it for a change.

Re: "For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:51 am
by felisbarcinonensis
Tacoman2000 wrote:looks amazing. I am actually in the hunt for a 1/48 version of the C-130. I built one years ago and gave it the the Idaho Air National Guard. Want to redo it and keep it for a change.
Thanks mate! You'll need a big room for that one!!!!

Re: "For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:21 pm
by frack
love the C130

Re: "For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:47 am
by chief5437
Nice work on the cargo deck, looks great! Looks like a big kit! Who's 'Freddy' btw? Sorry the videos don't work on my iPad!

Re: "For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:31 pm
by felisbarcinonensis
Thank you guys :) That's Freddy Duarte. It's a Group Build hosted by UkGuyinUSA/ International British Modeller. Cheers! :cheers2:

Re: "For the Love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C-130 E/h

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:47 pm
by felisbarcinonensis
"For the love of Freddy" GB: Hercules C 130 Update 3 & Final Reveal

[youtube]EJmuOmA22Ww[/youtube]

A tough Bird

Once Big Bird was build, I primed it with Tamiya gray

Image




Panelling was painted with black acrylics

Image




Image




I masked inferior parts

Image




...and airbrushed it with dark green

Image




Some panelling shade can still be seen

Image




I prepared the plane for camo...

Image




A delicate and difficult process...

Image




Image




I didn't like result with the RAF colours, So the Hercules became USAF with a different pattern

Image




Ok. these are the three colours I used

Image




...and this is the result


Image




Taking care of imperfections and details was a bit painful


Image





Right. The base just needs a USAF grey colour

Image




That's it.

Image




Finally black parts were added

Image




I started working with the landing gear

Image




Image




Image




I airbrushed a gloss coat...

Image




... and added decals, then I fixed them with a matte coat

Image




The original panelling could hardly be seen, so I added more with diluted AK grime

Image




I let it rest for 30 min and remove it with a brush and tissue paper

Image




I did the same with the upper parts

Image




Image




I removed it following air flow direction

Image




Image




Image





I added a matte coat and went on with another wash; brown for green vehicles

Image





I washed it with white spirit and that's how it looked

Image




I used silver acryllics to chip exposed parts

Image




Image




Then I added oil and fuel stains plus black pigments

Image




Everything follows natural air flow

Image




Image




I opened and chipped the cargo area...

Image




and finally added rigging (lycra) and details

Image




Final Reveal: Hercules C-130 E/H

Image




Image




Image




Image




Image




Image





Image




Image




Image




Image




Image




Image




Image




Image




Image



Thanks for following this build! Cheers! :cheers2: