Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
MikeTonks
New Recruit
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Post by MikeTonks »

Hey all. My name's Mike and I'm a plastic model addict. :D

I've been building models and playing games with them for about 30 years now. I was inspired by my Grandad who was in the RAF in WWII, served in Burma and when I was a nipper taught me two things; 1) Morse Code and 2) How to build Airfix kits. His study was full of them, hanging from the ceiling and displayed on shelves.

Over the years I've bought and made models in most of the smaller scales and wargamed with most of them. I've dallied with most historical periods up to and including Games Workshop (currently serving time off for good behaviour from that one).

I'm leaning towards 1/35 now; mainly so as to use them for skirmish-sized wargames. I started gaming after accidentally stumbling across FE Pery's "A first book of wargaming" in my library and now I'm in my forties it's nice to think that I've come full circle and am using that scale of figures to game with!

So I'm a 1/35 novice really. And a lot of what I see scares me, but also inspires me. So here I am. I apologise in advance for the idiot questions I'll be asking.....
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Mike :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome along to ISM mate.
tferedo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Post by tferedo »

Welcome aboard
User avatar
Dunhill2005
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Wunstorf, Germany
Germany

Re: Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Post by Dunhill2005 »

Greetings!!! :cheers2:
Long time ago that I visited Staffordshire :oops:
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”