Page 1 of 1

My Reveal of the build on the Battle of Britain 48 Hour GB .

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:19 pm
by rodrant
Here are my reveal Photos of my participation on the 48 Hour Battle of Britain GB on ISM , a first as it was my first 'step by step ' build done on Facebook ...here the reveal photos for all in the forum .

My objective was to manage to do two kits in 48 Hours ...great challenge ...so I choose to make two Tamiya 1/72 Kits , the ME-109 E3 and the Spitfire Mk.I , and what lovely little kits they were , easy to build , and guess that with more time and careful could be two great modeling pieces , if you add PE and aftermarket parts they will be great pieces to anybody collection , the ME-109 I compare it to the Zero also from Tamiya in 1/72 , no fill to be done , all fits perfectly , great interior details ! The Spitfire also a great kit ! I advise anyone who want to build this iconic fighters of WWII to have it a go !

So my Reveal Photos ...the background is from a book : 'Fighters 1939-1945' from Bill Gunston , a old but a book with a lot of memories to me , it was my 'bible' as a kid , and i spent a lot of time just looking at those plane figures ..well here are the photos with some add on , some Day light photos ...yeay ! :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

all painted with tamiya acrylics , and for the light blue on the ME109 use Tamiya AS 5 Spray ...finish with Ultimate Dark Dirt Wash , and Lat Clear TS-80 from Tamiya !

Hope that you liked ! I liked a lot to participate in this 'fast' GB in honour of all those that participate in this very important moment of History !

:cheers2:

Re: My Reveal of the build on the Battle of Britain 48 Hour GB .

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:15 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Very well done, like the display pics with the book behind

Re: My Reveal of the build on the Battle of Britain 48 Hour GB .

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:21 pm
by Joesdad
I had to catch my breath when I saw them on the balcony Antonio....

Re: My Reveal of the build on the Battle of Britain 48 Hour GB .

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:23 pm
by chief5437
They look great buddy, careful they don't fall off the balcony!

Re: My Reveal of the build on the Battle of Britain 48 Hour GB .

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:47 pm
by rodrant
Joesdad wrote:I had to catch my breath when I saw them on the balcony Antonio....
chief5437 wrote:They look great buddy, careful they don't fall off the balcony!
No wind today ...so no flying ... :lol: , but I do understand your comments as I was affraid too ...

:cheers2:

Re: My Reveal of the build on the Battle of Britain 48 Hour GB .

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:16 am
by tferedo
Pleasing to see both adversary aircraft of BoB side by side. Good work

Re: My Reveal of the build on the Battle of Britain 48 Hour GB .

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:55 am
by gaz45
great work there mate