hello from southwest uk

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
steeplejack
New Recruit
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:21 pm
England

hello from southwest uk

Post by steeplejack »

Hello I am Ken from Plymouth in the southwest of the UK.
I have recently got back into the hobby after 40 years. Now having 2 grand children who are interested in trains, (my son never was) I setup an oo railway layout for them which I enjoyed doing. That led me to get back into modeling somehow, my interest is mainly ww2 tanks at the moment, just the small scales until I am more proficient.
Airbrushing is a new concept to me, and also the acrylic paints were not around when I was modeling previously, so this is my weak area.
I have picked up a lot from the video's Paul has done, setting up the airbrush and paint thinning etc, and on the airbrush reviews.
I have a homemade CNC router, which can be converted to make 3D printed parts, which may be useful for making special or broken parts, also have a milling machine and a lathe(metal).
Ken
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: hello from southwest uk

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: hello from southwest uk

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome to ISM.
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”