New person from St.Paul Minnesota

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
thelittleprowler
Private
Private
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:57 am

New person from St.Paul Minnesota

Post by thelittleprowler »

Hello my name is Noah I started building models about a year ago but nothing more than poor hand brushed plastic death traps of models. I recently invested in an airbrush and compressor and have completed my first two models that I can proudly display in my mind as not crap. I joined this forum hoping to learn more about modeling in general the basic dos and don'ts and pick up the ocassional skill along the way. I attached the two completed kits they were 1/72 Dragon Intial Production Tiger I and 1/35 Tamiya Pz II ausf f/g I would love feedback especially on better ways to get tracks on that is one place I really struggled.
Thanks Noah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:bash: nothin a little squadron can't fix
On The Bench: 1/35 Tamiya M4A3 105mm dio, 1/72 Airfix Bf-109 E-4
trekfanj
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
United States of America

Re: New person from St.Paul Minnesota

Post by trekfanj »

:welcome: to ISM, Noah!!

Great work on the IP Tiger and Panzer 2! :th: :th:

Not real sure if there is a right/wrong way to put tracks on; lately I've been assembling the running gear but leaving the drive sprocket off, then once the tracks are painted and weathered, I hook one end on the idler wheel and the other end on the loose drive sprocket's teeth, add glue (if needed) and gently maneuver the sprocket into final position.

I hope this helped!
Jarod

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson



On the bench
Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando Calrissian version
User avatar
JediBoer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Detroit, MI
United States of America

Re: New person from St.Paul Minnesota

Post by JediBoer »

:welcome: to ISM! :th: There are great guys in the forum from which I've learned stacks in the months I've been in the forum.

Stunning work on the Tiger and the Panzer! :cheers2:
JediBoer

On the bench righ now: Hmm... Lots of unfinished business!
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: New person from St.Paul Minnesota

Post by Paul »

Welcome to ISM Noah :thumb2:
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: New person from St.Paul Minnesota

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Danta2er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: New person from St.Paul Minnesota

Post by Danta2er »

A warm welcome from Virginia!
Awaiting tools of the trade 1:32 Trumpeter Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 In the closet waiting 1:96 Revell USS Constitution 1:96 Revell 1964 Cutty Sark, H-395

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." ~ Lao Tzu
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”