Page 1 of 1

Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:22 am
by Paul
Started this tonight, been looking forward to building since i bought it while back, i will be going for the box art scheme
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:27 am
by kiwigav
Premo Start Paul :th:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:33 am
by TommyKillander
Great start, cockpit looks fantastic - lots of nice details! :thumb2: :thumb1:

I've been eyeballing this kit for a while but I bought the 1/72 F16CJ Block 50 as a starter... :)

I will follow this build with interest :pop:

Cheers
:cheers2:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 am
by Jack
Great start cockpit looks really detailed, will defenatly be following this build.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:44 pm
by Nige201980
Looking good mate love the cockpit.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:48 pm
by Paul
Todays progress on the Tamiya F-16, most of its together now just a few other parts to sort and its ready for primer, Great kit with excellent fit typical tamiya.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:49 am
by DoubleDigit12
Cracking cockpit mate! :clap:
Always liked the look of this kit. Finally get to see someone with proper skills put it together.
:th:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:38 pm
by Nige201980
Loving the work you've done Paul.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:31 pm
by patrickroos
Those agressor schemes on f-15 and f-16 are badass! :pistols:
Nice progress, looking crisp and clean as usual :th:
Looking forward to seeing this bird painted :cheers2:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:32 pm
by Paul
Progress on the Tamiya F-16, now fully built masked and primed, put a pilot in this one, don't usually do it but it was a decent figure so a shame to not use him. Next up the camo scheme.
Image
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage
Image

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:05 am
by TommyKillander
Fantastic - It looks kickass already and it only has primer on...

Pilot looks awesome aswell :thumb2:

Dammit, I have to buy this kit too I think :drool: :D

Cheers
:cheers2:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 am
by 1001kjk
:thumb1: Looking nice I'm currently trying to get hold of some blizzard scheme masks. Maybe one day I can do it justice. Nice build Paul

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:57 pm
by patrickroos
Nice!
Pilot also looks very nicely painted!
Is that the "super duper no where to be found outside the UK primer"? :) (StyNylRez from Badger)
I have asked Max at Rebell to bring it in to Sweden, he has ordered and now am anxiously waiting to see if he succeeds. :shock:
You and more and more modellers swear by it, and Phil at Flory models also did a great review/test.
Now I am a believer to! :bow::

:cheers2:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:29 pm
by shortCummins
patrickroos wrote:Nice!
Pilot also looks very nicely painted!
Is that the "super duper no where to be found outside the UK primer"? :) (StyNylRez from Badger)
I have asked Max at Rebell to bring it in to Sweden, he has ordered and now am anxiously waiting to see if he succeeds. :shock:
You and more and more modellers swear by it, and Phil at Flory models also did a great review/test.
Now I am a believer to! :bow::

:cheers2:
its not that easy to find in the UK, I think it's a USA product

when are Ultimate going to start selling it? :tongue:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 pm
by Paul
So on with the camo work, not a fan of hard edge camo as i like to freehand it, but this needs a hard edge. Used the new curvy Tamiya Tape for the hard edge camo pattern and it worked very well, caves round bends nicely and no bleed through, ill show it in use in the upcoming ISM News show.
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:05 am
by newpapajack
Superb paintwork matey, looks perfect! Liking the lookin that tamiya tape too.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:45 am
by Riderville
Nice paint work Paul. Very impressive.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:56 pm
by ccc1970
Beautiful paintwork Paul!! Its a great scheme for sure.. I just used the new tamiya tape last night also and i really like it.. Extremely easy to make nice curves.. Looking forward to more pics.. :)

Also just curious which paints did you use on the camo?

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:31 pm
by Paul
ccc1970 wrote:Beautiful paintwork Paul!! Its a great scheme for sure.. I just used the new tamiya tape last night also and i really like it.. Extremely easy to make nice curves.. Looking forward to more pics.. :)

Also just curious which paints did you use on the camo?
I used mr hobby h11 mixed with a touch of grey for the FS36628, h317 for the FS36231, H1 for the black and h331 for the radome :cheers2:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:58 pm
by Paul
Decaling all finished on the Aggressor F-16, they went down with no real dramas a couple ripped but not too bad for tamiya decals. Next up another clear coat then to choose the wash colour
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:51 am
by heel
:pop: time

Nice pilot too

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:49 pm
by Gav0909
Looks great Paul. The new Tamiya tape works well I see, will have to get some.

I have an Aggressor in the stash as well. Thinking I might do the blue camo scheme, or see if there isn't a red one or something.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:39 pm
by Paul
The F-16 was given a Ultimate wash today, concrete (mixed with a little dark dirt to darken it) was used on the black camo and dark dirt on the white and grey. I then gave it a Dullcote and unmasked it, Nearly at the finish line now
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:23 pm
by newpapajack
:clap: Stunningly neat and crisp. Very nice indeed!

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:27 am
by keithinflorida
Wow - That is all...............

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:10 am
by 1001kjk
Stunning. :bow::

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:33 am
by TommyKillander
Fantastic.... :thumb2: :bow::

I like how you have used different washes over the cammo. Really shows what can be achieved with Ultimate washes...

Cheers
:cheers2:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:15 pm
by Filmman586
Great work Paul!

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:55 pm
by Gav0909
Looks really nice mate. Good work.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:44 pm
by plasticcemented
Your pictures are so crisp and clear I love them.

The cockpit looks fantastic and the level detail is pretty amazing. Also, you're right that figure is looking sweet.

Looking forward to seeing this painted up. Cracking.

Edit: Never realised there was another page and based my comment of the first page, haha! Anyways, wow! Love it, something to aspire to once I practice my skills.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:21 pm
by OliveDrab
Awesome build Paul, those paint separation lines have to be the best I've ever seen :th:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:26 pm
by ccc1970
Great Viper Paul!! I bet you are loving this build after that special hobby kit .. lol i have to admit i really enjoy the better kits now.. especially the tamiya kits.. By far my favorite part of scale modeling is airbrusing so it is refreshing when the kit goes together without any huge dramas so i can get on with the paint work.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:52 pm
by patrickroos
Only one word that springs to mind when looking at it...impeccable!
Great work and great skill.

Love the paint scheme, work and camo.

Was that the 5mm tape You used?

:th: :th:

:cheers2:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:18 pm
by FollowingDadsSteps
Good job Paul....that bird loooks
Amazing... :th: :banana:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:22 pm
by kiwigav
simply outstanding. :jd:
What gloss and dull-coats do you use Paul?

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:37 pm
by Paul
kiwigav wrote:simply outstanding. :jd:
What gloss and dull-coats do you use Paul?
Alclad Aqua gloss and testors dullcote in the bottle

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:52 pm
by kiwigav
Cheers Paul :cheers2:

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:25 pm
by Nige201980
Wow stunning work Paul.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:55 pm
by Paul
She's all finished now, the final reveal can be found here http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 45&t=14042

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:09 pm
by Homerlovesbeer
It looks wonderful Paul. How did you find the Mr Hobby acrylic paints? I'm really enjoying using them myself. They are a joy to use.

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:53 pm
by Paul
Yeah love the mr hobby paints been using them for ages now they're my go to paint

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:43 pm
by dmiannay
Paul - I'm resurrecting this thread form a year and a half ago or so for one question... what is the light blue colored paint you used as the primer? Couldn't find it reference anywhere in the thread.

Thanks, and great work. I'm building this F-16 right now and I appreciate the tips from your build!

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:57 am
by Paul
dmiannay wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:43 pm Paul - I'm resurrecting this thread form a year and a half ago or so for one question... what is the light blue colored paint you used as the primer? Couldn't find it reference anywhere in the thread.

Thanks, and great work. I'm building this F-16 right now and I appreciate the tips from your build!

I honestly cannot remember. It'll be whatever the base colour of the cockpit is. Sorry I can't help more

Re: Paul's Tamiya 1/48 F-16C-N Aggressor/Adversary

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:52 pm
by Aeon
Nice build and paint job! :th: