Hi from Secunda, ZA

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Dakspyker
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:24 am
Location: Secunda, South-Africa

Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by Dakspyker »

Hi,

I am from South Africa. I see there are quite a few zaffers here, so to you guys: Hoezit! To the rest of the forum: Hi, nice to meet you!

I built lots of planes when I was a kid, sticking them together and then throwing them around outside to see if they would fly. Later on in my adult life, around 2002 or so, I (by chance) ran into my old hobby on the internet. And I was really amazed to find it is an art form, and not just toys for kids. I did military service (4SAI, for the zaffers) which was a mechanized battalion when I was there. So to reboot my hobby, tanks was the obvious choice. I built around 10 - 15 models up to around 2006, when the RC airplane bug bit me.

So, to make a long story short, recently I ran into my stash that was hiding in the garage rafters while looking for something else, and opening the boxes and looking at all the magic track links... who could resist? I am on kit #3 (a FLAK88) since restarting, and I find my skills (such as they are) is not too rusted, but there is a ton of room for improvement. I also find there are many techniques that I knew nothing about when last I built anything. But I am enjoying it again, which is the important thing, right?

So. Thanks for reading, please excuse my English, and I look forward to learning from you!

Dak
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome along to ISM Dak, enjoy!
Dakspyker
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:24 am
Location: Secunda, South-Africa

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by Dakspyker »

Thanks!
User avatar
JediBoer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Detroit, MI
United States of America

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by JediBoer »

:welcome: to ISM! :th:

Welkom by ISM Dakspyker! Lekker om jou hier te sien! :cheers2: Dink jy is die tweede Secundaman hier op die forum! :eeek:

/JB
JediBoer

On the bench righ now: Hmm... Lots of unfinished business!
Leon
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by Leon »

Welkom! Hoop jy geniet dit hier.

Leon
Building : 1/48 A-10A Thunderbolt (Italeri)
Forum link to build:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13479
Dakspyker
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:24 am
Location: Secunda, South-Africa

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by Dakspyker »

Dankie Leon en Jediboer.

Jedi, kan jy onthou wie die Secundaer is? Sal nice wees om n local modelbouer te ontmoet!

Leon, stuur groete vir daai berg as jy weer daar verbyry. Ek was te lanklaas in CT. :(
User avatar
JediBoer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Detroit, MI
United States of America

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by JediBoer »

Hello Dakspyker. Sy naam is Eugene Mansveldt. Hy is aktief op die ISM Facebook blad. Ek het hom nog nie hier op die forum gesien nie. Ek moes gou gaan soek maar jy sal hom kry op die ISM Facebook blad. Hy comment gereeld daar! :cheers2:
JediBoer

On the bench righ now: Hmm... Lots of unfinished business!
Dakspyker
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:24 am
Location: Secunda, South-Africa

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by Dakspyker »

Hi,

Ek het nou nie juis n groot liefde vir Facebook nie, maar ek dink ek het nog n login daar wat werk. Sal gaan kyk of ek hom kan kry.

Dankie!
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Dak :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Dakspyker
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:24 am
Location: Secunda, South-Africa

Re: Hi from Secunda, ZA

Post by Dakspyker »

Thanks Lee.
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”