WIP - 1/35 Dragon Jagdpanther G1 Early

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
Post Reply
Gewehr43
Private
Private
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:53 pm

WIP - 1/35 Dragon Jagdpanther G1 Early

Post by Gewehr43 »

Hi, everyone. Not quite my first post here, but close enough. This is a Dragon Jagdpanther G1 Early (6458) that I've been working on for a few weeks now. I intend to make it look as though it's been through a heck of a fight, but is still hanging in there sometime later in the war. Historical? Maybe, maybe not. Fun? Sure. And, great at pushing the edge of my abilities. :) Those of you into the Jagdpanther will probably notice that it's an early model with a late model barrel. I'm depicting it as having had its barrel swapped out at some point in its service life.

The zimmerit is ATAK resin (35043) and the tracks are, of course, Friul ATL-08's. The kit doesn't come with schürtzen, so I snagged a few from a CyberHobby Panther G detail kit and slapped them on after dinging them up.

So far the build, base coat, and chipping are done. For the first time, I used Alliance Modelworks stencils for the insignia and I'm really happy with how they turned out. Since these were taken, I've put the tools on. I just need to finish up the tow cables, then it's on to hair spray and whitewashing, then weathering proper. I've chipped the hell of out it intentionally as I figure whitewashes will hide a lot of it. It's an experiment and a learning process. We'll see how it turns out. :)

My scalemates project page is here, complete with a couple albums so far. Here are a few shots of the progress so far.

Build complete:
Image

Painting complete, chipping in progress:
Image

Insignia stenciled on:
Image

More or less current state. Chipping complete. Test-fitting the tracks:
Image

The skirts turned out surprisingly well.
Image
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: WIP - 1/35 Dragon Jagdpanther G1 Early

Post by Stokesy44 »

Looking very nice so far. Looking forward to more updates.
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”