Return to Modeling

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
keithinflorida
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:05 pm
Location: Palm Bay, Florida

Return to Modeling

Post by keithinflorida »

I wanted to say hi.
After accidentally discovering Lee and Paul's videos on youtube I'm coming back to modeling after a thirty year lay-off.
Things have certainly changed !!!!! The days of getting paid for my paper round on a Saturday morning, cycling to the model shop, then getting the thing built, painted and decaled before Grandstand was over seem to be a very distant memory!
Looking forward to many new first's (for me) Airbrush, Sanding Sticks, Washes, Decal setting fluid (what happened to just using water? :doh: ) etc etc.
Thank you to Lee and Paul for your inspiring me to get back into a hobby I always loved and should never have stopped.
I'm sure I'll have more failures that successes over the next few months. But hey, it's all about the learning experience right?

Keith
Last edited by keithinflorida on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yes, actually, the real one looks just like that !

http://www.flickr.com/rightstuffphotography
1.5 million views -Thank-you :clap:
website: www.avgeekphotography.net (under construction)
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Return to Modeling

Post by Paul »

Welcome Keith, hope you enjoy your return to the hobby :thumb2:
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Return to Modeling

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome to ISM.
JudgeDredd
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:12 pm
Location: Colchester, England

Re: Return to Modeling

Post by JudgeDredd »

Hi Keith. Great vids aren't they? I don't think many people could watch them and not get bitten by the bug again!
I AM the Law
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Return to Modeling

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

I did exactly the same thing...drawn into the site from great instruction hadn't modelled since a teenager
Find your topic of interest, get a kit and join a group build "GB" or a special interest build "sig"
There is a great Star Wars sig going on right now
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Return to Modeling

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

Welcome!
James
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”