Page 1 of 1

Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:10 am
by rwsmith14
I'm using the Light dirt Wash to weather the Black underside of my 1/48 F-111 for the Homeland GB. it's filling all the panels line and rivets very well. really looks great. BUT,How do I avoid leaving streaks of the light wash on the black finish and still leave all the detail that the wash filled.

if it was the dark wash on the Camo on the top it wouldn't matter because it looks normal for the weathered look. but the light dirt really stands out which is great but I cannot wipe all the streaks away without removing the wash that has settled in the panellines and recessed rivets. ???

.. I'm using a paper Kitchen towel moistened to wipe..

Any advice?

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:24 am
by rwsmith14
Just went back and watched Paul's , Ultimate Weathering Wash Tutorial....

I tried wiping the dried wash with a dry towel and it works much better !!! has the same effect as a damp towel without the streaks !! :banana: and leaves the wash in the recessed Details !!

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:38 pm
by Coen
:th: :th: :th: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:37 pm
by razzie43
I use thinner from Humbrol on my paint then i go for my wash and then u clean it again with thinner-brush
that's a a tip from mister MIG himself in the video of him.

i download him for free if u search hard enough!
But also buy his book nr 2 for 65 €

hope i help u ;)

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:36 pm
by Willem
Their not 'there'.
Ultimate in capitals.
Comma after Ultimate.

Did you go to school?

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:47 pm
by AdamLuscombe
Willem wrote:Their not 'there'.
Ultimate in capitals.
Comma after Ultimate.

Did you go to school?
Obviously not :) He/she probably doesn't know how to use them.

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:54 pm
by Paul
ahh troll is now gone, carry on :thumb2:

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:34 am
by Coen
Ahhhh! What did I miss :(

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:28 am
by Lee
Coen wrote:Ahhhh! What did I miss :(
A F**** fanboi moron attack! You'd have thought we'd gotten over them by now, grown men acting like children.... :wtf:

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:30 am
by AdamLuscombe
Lee wrote:
Coen wrote:Ahhhh! What did I miss :(
A F**** fanboi moron attack! You'd have thought we'd gotten over them by now, grown men acting like children.... :wtf:
Yeah, i hadn't seen one in ages

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:35 pm
by RichBuilds
Paul wrote:ahh troll is now gone, carry on :thumb2:
You are too efficient. Hows a troll baiter meant to have some fun? ;-)

Re: Using Ultimate weathering Light dirt Wash

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:14 am
by digger303
yeah and for those of us who failed English and know it we don't give a fig. Thank goodness for the olde spell checker.....:)
My maths however was fantastic. Now I never use much of and have forgotten most. If you don't use it we lose it. Except for those exceptional people who I admire with a memory of an elephant.

Old age and randomness..... :)