G'day from Sydney

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Traff
Private
Private
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:35 pm
Location: Sydney and Melbourne

G'day from Sydney

Post by Traff »

G'day,

I started modelling about 50 years ago, but had a significant time away (25 odd years) due to work and family commitments. I am ex-military and with 14 removals in 22 years, my collection is in a very sorry state indeed. So over the last few years I have been building up a stash to replace it all and get a few extras to keep me going when I retire. Won't be able to purchase too much when I am on the pension :)

I am mainly interested in ships I have served in or with and aircraft I have flown in or operated with. After that, mainly stuff that was operated in the RAN and a couple of ships of interest from other nations. The ship collection was a dream I never thought I would realise, but in the modern age of PE and 3D printing, things are looking up. I am a very slow builder due to work commitments at the moment, might get one finished this year.
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Homerlovesbeer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Australia

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by Homerlovesbeer »

Welcome from Brisvegas (Brisbane). I'm on my second model since I was a teenager.

Lots of fun!
User avatar
d6mst0
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:54 am
United States of America

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by d6mst0 »

Welcome ISM.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome to ISM, enjoy.
User avatar
Liamcraven666
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Great Britain
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by Liamcraven666 »

Welcome
Hello :hi:
User avatar
Daniel2014
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:51 am
Location: Portugal

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by Daniel2014 »

Welcome to the ISM Forum :thumb2:
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”