Page 1 of 1

1/35 Academy Tiger 1 mid-version

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:35 pm
by modelingaddict82
Here is my tiger 1 that I got a couple days ago. Looking forward to this build and will post regular pics.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: 1/35 Academy Tiger 1 mid-version

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:02 pm
by GangsterNo1
Looks like a nice kit with a little more detail and decal options than the Tamiya mid production kit I just finished. Look forward to seeing how the build goes and what you think of the kit.

Re: 1/35 Academy Tiger 1 mid-version

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:41 am
by modelingaddict82
Ok so, so far I have had to remove a lot of molded detail that the kit says to remove and have to fill a few holes that the kit says to fill. On top of that I have to fill some gaps that shouldn't have to be filled and the turret has 2 versions and only one mentioned In the Instructions :wall: however, it can all be fixed and when the weathering is applied will not be noticeable.

Here you can see where I had to remove a good number of molded details
Image

Night one progress
Image
Image
More night one progress and holes that I was told to fill by the instructions
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Today's progress for the tiger, got a lot further although I do have some work to do now to fill the upper hull.
Image

The barrel alone had 8 parts :wtf:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

So from here is to finish the remainder of parts that need to be put on the I start filling and sanding. By the end of the week I hope to have the tiger ready for primer and all road wheels painted which I will paint at the same time as the T90 road wheels to save time lol. Hope yall enjoy and will post more as work is completed.

Re: 1/35 Academy Tiger 1 mid-version

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:51 am
by Oper8or
Great looking tank and really nice work! I cant wait to see the progress on this. Keep us updated!

Re: 1/35 Academy Tiger 1 mid-version

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:56 am
by modelingaddict82
Thank you oper8or I should have more pics ready to uploade in a day or so