Page 1 of 1

Decent Clamps

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:23 pm
by kruno59
Guy's

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a decent set of clamps pls.

I have the cloths pegs with the rubber tips that don't slip but the gate is narrow - the berna clams are ok but twist too easily.

What I'm after I suppose is a F clamp but I have searched high and low for something suitable without success.

Cheers

John

Re: Decent Clamps

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:44 pm
by jomark
Excel has F clamps. If you have the budget then you could go for Irwin micro/mini clamps.

Re: Decent Clamps

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:35 pm
by Coen
I use those excel f clamps, the large and small sizes.
Very handy.
I glued small pieces of rubber from the rubber insulation on a ceramic coffee cup to the inside of the fingers to give them grip and to make them less likely to cause scratches.
I use all manner of clamps, large and small, but those I use most of the time.
Bought mine at my local hobby shop, so they're fairly common if I can find them in that place.

Re: Decent Clamps

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:33 pm
by jomark
another alternative to give the clamps a softer grip are table/chair feet padding which you could buy from any ace hardware or home depot usually near the 3M command hooks. They come with an adhesive already so all you need is to trim to the width of the clamp. Sadly those excel F clamps are nowhere to be seen in my location so I had to settle with the Irwin micro clamps which is a bit pricey.

Re: Decent Clamps

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:42 am
by kruno59
Thanks guys for getting back to me much appreciated :)

Re: Decent Clamps

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:47 am
by Maverik
Excels where are they never herd of them Im intrested in those clamps cheers jomark