Page 1 of 1
Academy 1/72 Me-163B/S Komet
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:27 pm
by arilo76
Re: Academy 1/72 Me-163B/S Komet
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:45 am
by qeialto
Ciao Antonio,
Love the 163 Kometh, crazy airplane on his own...
I also struggled with my first mottling exercise, I fixed it by increasing the dilution of the paint/thinner mix (80/90% instead of the typical 50%) plus reducing the pressure to 1.5 psi. I must say that it becomes much smoother and with less spots.
There are different videos on youtube on the "how to" for mottling.
Hope it helps,
Antonio
Re: Academy 1/72 Me-163B/S Komet
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:18 am
by arilo76
Hi Qeialto Thanks for the great advice I will keep testing and definitely I will keep trying do the mottling, I have some planes coming up that require some mottling and I will certainly give a go to your advice.
Thanks

Re: Academy 1/72 Me-163B/S Komet
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:18 pm
by Hackovsky
I remember building it also! Nice build you made!
And it will be fine... Do not worry with the airbrush. You need practise and as qeialto mentioned, youtube is endless source...
Re: Academy 1/72 Me-163B/S Komet
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:04 pm
by shortCummins
using an airbrush is like anything else, practice, practice, practice
for a fist attempt I'd be really pleased
and the job you've done on the tractor is really very, very good
I wouldn't attempt a 1:72, for me 1:48 is as small as I go
rgds
John(shortCummins)
Re: Academy 1/72 Me-163B/S Komet
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:00 pm
by arilo76
Hackovsky wrote:I remember building it also! Nice build you made!
And it will be fine... Do not worry with the airbrush. You need practise and as qeialto mentioned, youtube is endless source...
Hackovsky Thanks for your kind words I am really eating more comfortable with he airbrush as I go and yes i will keep practice and check youtube.
Thanks

Re: Academy 1/72 Me-163B/S Komet
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:09 pm
by arilo76
shortCummins wrote:using an airbrush is like anything else, practice, practice, practice
for a fist attempt I'd be really pleased
and the job you've done on the tractor is really very, very good
I wouldn't attempt a 1:72, for me 1:48 is as small as I go
rgds
John(shortCummins)
John thanks for your kind words and yes I am going to keep practicing, the tractor I was pleased with it and it give me the opportunity to try the Concrete wash from Ultimate and yes really happy with the result.
By the way i am following your Bristol Beaufighter because I recently got the Airfix Bristol Beaufighter TF.X and yours is coming on really well.
