Page 1 of 1

Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:43 pm
by Richard
It took me long enough.mBut it is finally finshed. I have been working on it for about 3/4 of a year. First tim I used PE. Learned a lot. The Academy kit has good detail. But with some serious fit issues. I am pleased with the results. But there is still enough room for me to improve my skills. I hope you guys like it.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:19 pm
by Avgas
Epic job Richard. Lovely cam scheme.

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:05 am
by MarkVerploeg
Fantastic build Richard
I like the armament a lot with those clear heads that show the seeking part of the missles
Where those kit parts or after market ?

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:39 pm
by Richard
They were kit parts Mark. I painted the inside of the clear parts with a mix of black/brown and lots of glaze medium. The front end on wich the clear part fits I painted silver. With this nice effect.

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:22 am
by MarkVerploeg
Richard wrote:They were kit parts Mark. I painted the inside of the clear parts with a mix of black/brown and lots of glaze medium. The front end on wich the clear part fits I painted silver. With this nice effect.
Thanks Richard
I better check if my SU-27 UB has the same features
It is the Eduard rebox but it is a Academy so maybe the same sprues for the missles

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:47 am
by Richard
I think it is, Mark. Academy's SU 30 is also a rebox of the SU 27UB with additional parts. It also had extra sprues with missilses. So I got a sh$ tload of missilses and I diceded to use both old and new.

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:14 am
by tferedo
Awesome job! Camo painting superb

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:53 am
by Nige201980
She's a beaut mate cracking paint job buddy.

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:37 pm
by sprebound
Nice job!

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:17 pm
by Sturm
Blue warplanes are always awesome! Very cool!

Re: Academy 1/48 SU 30

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:22 pm
by Smiffy
Beauty of a build :th: