Hello

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Hello

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

New member here from Kent (UK).

Like many I have found a new love for building models when I attempted to get my sons interested in doing something else other than playing games on computers so I bought a couple of cheap Tamiya 1/35 tanks to show them a hobby I enjoyed doing at their age. They quickly gave up so I ended up finishing both their kits and thought I want to start this hobby again!

All the great kits and products now available to model builders are outstanding, especially compared to what was available in the late 70's early 80's when I last had a big passion for this hobby (I've built a bit of 1/48 real space stuff in-between but nothing to shout about).

New skills needed to be learnt (airbrushing and using the multitude of new products available), so a BIG thank you from me to all those who take the time to share their experience on the brilliant YouTube channels that are dedicated to this hobby.
I've still a lot to learn but at least the man-cave is now almost ready (wife's pleased to have her lounge table back).
Pic 1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg
Pic 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)

Great compressor btw :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Novorus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Great Britain

Re: Hello

Post by Novorus »

Welcome to the site, as a fellow new member here feel free to drop me alone if you need something.

The guys are great on here and always willing to help.

:welcome:
James
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZnEdt ... s3LTfQW4Eg Remember like, share and subscribe
Remember the 20th March 2020 is the Model Officer Mess birthday bash, come and join in."Fokker's Foe's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217021638777483/
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Re: Hello

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

Lee wrote:Great compressor btw
Thanks Lee, your glowing review of it helped me immensely when deciding what silent compressor to buy :th:

Novorus wrote:Welcome to the site, as a fellow new member here feel free to drop me alone if you need something.
A kind offer, thank you.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Hello

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome to ISM mate, nice setup.
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Hello

Post by Schoof »

:welcome: :welcome:
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hello

Post by Avgas »

:welcome: I am in awe of your compressor.
Regards, Dave.
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”