Page 1 of 1

Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:49 pm
by Paul
So the Sufa is delayed because Hannants suck at posting out missing parts from the resin cockpit i bought so as this arrived and is a brand new kit ill build this first :thumb2:
Image

Cockpit detail isn't too bad to be fair, the seat being rather good, i just added a head cushion out of plasticard.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Needs wash next, it wont look great OOB but itll do :cheers2:

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:45 pm
by michald
cool! BTW: how many parallel builds you do? :)

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:30 pm
by Kingdan
He's a machine :D :D

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:13 am
by BHmodelling
I saw the Christmas news show... as usual, great show.

Hannants... indeed... crap service!

I bought a Model Alliance decal and when it arrived 2 out of the 3 sheets were missing... 2 years later I'm still waiting

I hope your Sufa cockpit parts will arrive faster.

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:51 am
by JudgeDredd
I saw the Christmas Show as well - great show.

I'm doing a Harrier - a Tamiya (82 I believe) kit. It's a terrible fit and quite awkward in places, but I like the "open engine" part and I've done mine in Dark Sea Grey rather than the box art of white and blue (I think the Dark Sea Grey looks more battle ready).

I'm not into after market kits (yet) - I just build what I'm given. Modelling can be expensive enough without doubling the price (and more) adding after market parts.

Looking forward to seeing this build come along

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:17 pm
by Paul
Got the 1/48 kinetic FRS.1 fully assembled, primed and painted and also panel faded etc, just need to mask of for the white now and were ready for decals smile emoticon Used Akan Extra Dark Sea Grey and then white and black to lighten the colours to give a mottle faded effect.
Great kit thats gone together with no real dramas
Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:53 am
by Avgas
Am I right in thinking you don't pre shade any more?

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:31 am
by Paul
Avgas wrote:Am I right in thinking you don't pre shade any more?
Yeah not done it for quite a while now, much prefer the effect :cheers2:

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:08 pm
by Howard
I'm with Paul on the pre-shading, black base coat is where it's at.

Looking great as usual on the Harrier

Howard

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:16 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Panel surface fading effect is very impressive paintwork :clap: :thumb1:

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:17 pm
by Paul
Progress on the 1/48 Kinetic Sea Harrier, all decaled, cartograph decals were excellent as usual. And given a Black/brown oil wash (for a change) starting to look good now, got some pics in and out of the photo booth as you can see the paint effects better out the booth.
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:20 pm
by March
I've got one of these on order. Nice to know that it builds into a nice model.

Re: Hannants. I too have been on the receiving end of their customer service. They're great until things go wrong...

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:35 pm
by Pacheco
After the disappointment with the Mirage III I still afraid of Kinetic kits but this Harrier looks great.

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:12 pm
by Paul

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:16 pm
by Puj
Nice :th:

How come you are able to apply decals with the pitot tube in place.... I broke mine off twice on the Tamiya version :crazy: :lol:

Re: Pauls 1/48 Kinetic FRS.1 Sea Harrier

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:23 am
by AtomicAndy
Nice one Paul may consider this kit. Need a harrier for my stash.