Page 1 of 1

What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:51 pm
by Lee
DC87...... :clap:


Well done DC87 you win.....The new tool Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero

Image



DC87 won it as he was the only person to mention the MiG-27K "Flogger" in any of the posts. He should have guessed it in a different post to his main one but, in the interest of fairness, I'm going to give it to him as he's the only one that got it!


I took the photo myself from the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27K “Flogger” at Newark Air Museum. Reg No 61912507006 “71”.....

Image

Image



I'm going to make the rules a lot clearer on the next one as you all could have had as many guesses as you liked and really should have covered all the bases. I did state what we wanted for the win....
We will want the make, model and version of the military vehicle/aircraft/ship the pic belongs to


A big well done to DC87 for the win :th:



We'll do another What is it? Competition in the next week or so, expect them to get harder gents :D

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm
by T3hGuppy
Harder!!! cause that one was so easy :nena: :nena:

Congrats DC good job.

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:23 pm
by Coen
Absolutely Fantastic!!!!!
Yeah For DC!!!!!! :banana: :bow::
:thumb1: :th: :lol: :dance: :clap:
Good on ya Dude!

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:32 pm
by DC87
Thanks guys very pleased :D, nice to know the pic came from a real aircraft that you visited Lee :thumb1: .

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:27 pm
by muskegman
Well done DC87 :banana: :banana:

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:44 pm
by spruecutter
Well done DC, a deserving result as you appeared to know what you were talking about. Whereas my guess was based on a quick web image search. I would have 'fessed up if I'd have won, honest. :shifty:

Pete

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:48 pm
by spruecutter
And I was just thinking this week, isn't that the: "Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27K “Flogger” at Newark Air Museum. Reg No 61912507006 "

Should have said so, tut!

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:12 am
by PhildaFish
Nice one DC, I bow to your superior knowledge of aircraft posteriors!

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:20 am
by chief5437
I don't believe it!!! I've got a load of pics of that very aircraft!!! Damn, damn, damn!

Well done DC!

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:29 am
by BrummieModeller
Well done mate! :th: Hmm yeah I was sooo close NOT!!! HAHA

Maybe next time or the next time after that or after that or after after that lol :mrgreen: :banana:

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:41 am
by wappynutter
:clap:
Well done DC... :banana: :banana:

Still wondering how the next one is gonna be harder?? :doh:
I have visions of just a picture of a bolt,
.... and we gotta guess what when and where it comes from?? :eeek:

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:54 am
by RED
congrads mate :th:

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 am
by Paul
Well done DC I posted the model out to you yesterday :thumb2:

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:02 am
by NorthernSwede
congrats

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:13 am
by bullgill67
well done that man :cheers2:

michael

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:10 pm
by Modelpro72
Well done mate :banana:

Maybe next time!!!!!!!!

Lenny :ugeek:

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:56 pm
by UKscalemodeller
Most people guessed a flogger but you were the only one to get it absolutely spot on. so I guess it was harder than we all though.

Congrats.

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 pm
by DC87
Thanks everyone my early years of reading aircraft mags and my degree studying the Cold War finally amounted to something!

Here are the customary pics :D

Image

Image

:cheers2:

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:10 pm
by EpoxySniffer
Well done mate, I would never have gotten that right, not to the specific aircraft.

You are a true aircraft geek, and I mean that as a compliment mate as I wish I had your level of knowledge.

Lee - give us something a bit easier next time!!

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:15 pm
by Paul
Excellent glad,it arrived safe and sound :thumb2:

Re: What is it? Competition WINNER is....

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:33 pm
by Lee
Nice DC - Now immortalised in the hall of fame mate.... :th: