Tamiya 1/72 F-16 Fighting Falcon (Warbirds Collection)

All your aircraft kit reviews
Post Reply
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Tamiya 1/72 F-16 Fighting Falcon (Warbirds Collection)

Post by Lee »

[youtube]9ODJJ0j8WIQ[/youtube]

:D
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
PrivateMansoor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:20 am
Location: Australia
Australia

Re: Tamiya 1/72 F-16 Fighting Falcon (Warbirds Collection)

Post by PrivateMansoor »

Hi Lee

I really like this kit, I haven't built it yet, but will for the SIG next year. I also have a few Hasegawa kits as well. I think this kit gives you the most options and just needs some work (not as much as you seem to imply in the review)

Advantages:

It has a full weapons load out unlike the more expensive Tamiya block 50 or Hasegawa kits

It gives you the option of a double seater F-16B or single seat version unlike alot of kits out there.

4 marking options and the decals aren't as bad as you think.

Disadvantages:

Panel lines - but these are a very easy fix, just go over them with a hobby knife or pin vise. I do that for the very few kits that I have built anyways.

A bit of flash - once again an easy fix.

All in all I think with some work this turns into one of the better f-16's out there - given its price.

I thought I would share my views as well, as I felt strongly about this kit.

I will build it for my SIG, and I think I'll title it "To Prove Lee Wrong" :).

( Not offensive or having a go at you in anyway, just my attempt to build the best 1/72 F-16 I can with this kit to see if your review is as accurate or if my beliefs are correct)
Fear Nothing, Build Everything.
Post Reply

Return to “Aircraft reviews”