Happy New year from California

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
MightyDraw
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:51 am
Location: SoCal, USA
United States of America

Happy New year from California

Post by MightyDraw »

Hi Gentlemen, I joined a few weeks ago and I've lurked enough that I figured I'd take a moment to introduce myself and say, 'Hi'.

I found ISM via the youtube channel looking for tutorials to improve my skills, and decided to join the forum to glean whatever I can from some of the really masterful stuff I've seen on here so far. I'm also contemplating a group build; it seems like a good motivator to stay focused on one project! Unfortunately I missed the Star Wars one, but From Russia with Love sounds good. I love all subject matter with a soft spot for WW2 of course, and Star Wars.

Here was one my recent completions, a Revell pocket kit X-wing.

Image

Cheers guys! Looking forward to participating.

-Dan
SteveW
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Maldon, Essex
Great Britain

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by SteveW »

Happy new year to you too Dan and welcome to ISM. :welcome:
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Dan :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by Avgas »

Happy new year and welcome to ISM!
Regards, Dave.
MightyDraw
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:51 am
Location: SoCal, USA
United States of America

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by MightyDraw »

Thank you Gentlemen!
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by Lysus »

Greetings!

Dig the X-wing.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Sturm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:04 am
Location: California,USA
United States of America

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by Sturm »

Yay! Another fellow Californian!
"Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything."
MightyDraw
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:51 am
Location: SoCal, USA
United States of America

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by MightyDraw »

Sturm wrote:Yay! Another fellow Californian!

Yep, and it looks like this week we'll have an extra good reason to stay in doors and build stuff with the amount of rain we'll supposedly receive :th:
User avatar
Dopplershift
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:49 pm
Location: Merseyside, UK

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by Dopplershift »

Hello Dan.

And that's a really attractive design for an X Wing stand.
Regards, John
MightyDraw
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:51 am
Location: SoCal, USA
United States of America

Re: Happy New year from California

Post by MightyDraw »

Dopplershift wrote:Hello Dan.

And that's a really attractive design for an X Wing stand.

Thank you! I actually wound up painting it black. I don't have any pictures of it 'finished, finished' since it now resides on my desk at work and I never bothered to take a picture. The X-wings also a surprisingly nice little kit given its scale and the fact it came pre-decorated (I've repainted it of course!)
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”