Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post Reply
User avatar
qeialto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 12:43 pm
Location: UK, Berkshire

Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by qeialto »

Hi all,
My second WIP thread, hope you'll enjoy it.
This box is the birthday present from my Mother in law, I need to be careful here.... :tongue:

Image

It is a box full of very nice staff, lots of PE, maskings and so on. Got to love it, hope it will go well together.

At this stage I'm already assembling the cockpit, so I decided to take pictures from the web to show the inside of the box.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The decals are coming with swastika as well, in the picture below has been cut away

Image

In the next days I'll post the ongoing work.
As always comments, suggestions and feedbacks are always welcome.
Cheers,
Antonio
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

George S. Patton

Work in Progress:
AMT Klingon battle cruise

On the stash?
Better not to mention in case my wife subscribes to this forum...
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by Avgas »

:pop:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Homerlovesbeer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Australia

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by Homerlovesbeer »

Ooo nice
User avatar
qeialto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 12:43 pm
Location: UK, Berkshire

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by qeialto »

Hi Mates,
Some progress...

I assembled the cockpit seat, FULL of details and PE stuff, really nice.

Image

Image

Background colour is Vallejo Air RLM02, I did some light dry brush with light silver and used one of the panel liners I purchased last week:

Image

After that I started to work on the gunner area, this one too full of details and PE. I must say that I loved the seat with all the details, this picture is before applying the seat belts:

Image

I also tried the black painting panel liner I purchased last week, I'm not impressed with the results, I need to understand if it's me that I'm not good at it or what... it appears to be basically a dirty white painting, not really the fluidity you would expect from a panel liner:

Image

Below is the completed cockpit as just glued together:

Image

Image

So far so good, lots of details and fitting quite nicely.
Until next, as always, comments and feedbacks are very welcome.
Cheers,
Antonio
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

George S. Patton

Work in Progress:
AMT Klingon battle cruise

On the stash?
Better not to mention in case my wife subscribes to this forum...
Howard
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 am
Location: Warboys, Cambridgeshire
Great Britain

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by Howard »

Looking forward to seeing this.

The only thing I can think of regarding the panel liner was they don't always follow capillary action if the surface isn't glossed up first.

Hope that makes sense
regards
Howard
User avatar
Svenne009
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: Eeklo - Belgium

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by Svenne009 »

Awesome plane and even better - the nightfighter version.

Build is getting along nicely, will keep an eye on it :th:
Sven.

In the pipeline:
Tamiya 1/35 Kubelwagen type 82 DAK
Hobby Boss 1/35 German Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.F
Tamiya 1/35 JSU-152 007 GB
User avatar
qeialto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 12:43 pm
Location: UK, Berkshire

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by qeialto »

Howard wrote:Looking forward to seeing this.

The only thing I can think of regarding the panel liner was they don't always follow capillary action if the surface isn't glossed up first.

Hope that makes sense
regards
Howard
Thanks, that actually makes a lot of sense. Though the fluidity of this panel liner is a bit different when compared to the others.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

George S. Patton

Work in Progress:
AMT Klingon battle cruise

On the stash?
Better not to mention in case my wife subscribes to this forum...
User avatar
qeialto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 12:43 pm
Location: UK, Berkshire

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by qeialto »

Hi all,
Some update, I progressed a while with small details and bigger steps.

First fitting issue, don't know if it's me or the kit (probably me) but managed to improve a bit the situation:
Here is immediately after glueing...

Image

Image

Here some improvements after pushing A LOT to fit:

Image

Image

Machine guns in place:

Image

Image

Above is also showing some results after lot with filler and sanding to get a decent situation.

Image

Last picture for tonight is the beginning of the wing adventure... wish me luck...

Image
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

George S. Patton

Work in Progress:
AMT Klingon battle cruise

On the stash?
Better not to mention in case my wife subscribes to this forum...
User avatar
Homerlovesbeer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Australia

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by Homerlovesbeer »

I don't think it's you regarding the fit as I've read in a few threads that the fit of this kit is pretty average.
Howard
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 am
Location: Warboys, Cambridgeshire
Great Britain

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by Howard »

Agreed, the fit isn't the best in the world in some areas for sure!

Hopefully you'll beat it into shape!
Although I've not used that type of panel liner I do find some of the AK stuff needs a REALLY vigorous shake and mix before it flows really nicely. I also find I have to give them a shake after every few minutes too just to keep the colour density up!

Howard
Smiffy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by Smiffy »

Great looking build so far, really like the detail in the cockpit. Scary fit on the nose, good work making it fit properly.
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by Stokesy44 »

Looks really good, great work on sorting the nose out. I would have been in the corner sobbing if I had to deal with a join that bad. Super skills.

Loved the jazz music gun set up in the cockpit too. Not seen that modelled before. Fearsome weapon when used properly.
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
demarcation
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 pm
Location: Denmark
Denmark

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by demarcation »

Nice work mate!
:cheers2:

//Anders
User avatar
qeialto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 12:43 pm
Location: UK, Berkshire

Re: Eduard Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 1:48 Profipack

Post by qeialto »

Thanks all for the tips and comments, really appreciated.

The build is progressing, lots of details as I'm trying to work them to the best of my capabilities. This kit is very nice from a detailing perspective, unfortunately not the best I've met in terms of fitting. But still fun and challenging...

Now it's wing time, assembling the engine and the gear pit, again, lots of details that are a pleasure to weather, including the PE stuff...

Image

Image

Image

After that I spent some time to assemble the engine exhausts, paint them with Vallejo Metallic colour and weather them with Ultimate Rust wash. A bit of tone over tone perhaps but the effect looks nice. I'll finish the engine weathering (stains and leakages) once connected to the main engine part as I'll do them all together.

Image

As a side note, I start to have big problems to spray the Vallejo metallic paints, I need to understand what's wrong....

I then connected the wings to the main body, it's quite a big bird for being a WW2 airplane, not far from an F14 size, pretty decent...

Image

Image

Image

Until next, comments and tips always welcome.
Cheers,
Antonio
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

George S. Patton

Work in Progress:
AMT Klingon battle cruise

On the stash?
Better not to mention in case my wife subscribes to this forum...
Post Reply

Return to “Prop Aircraft”