Page 1 of 1
Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:10 am
by digger303
No photo, but you can google it.
Marvelous little tool, also fits Tamiya jars. I sometimes had an aweful battle to open some and I could never grip the lids properly, now the jar turns in my hand
A good little addition to the bench.
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:45 am
by Homerlovesbeer
Best "tool" I've bought. I'd be lost without it!
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:37 am
by Coen
Hahaha.
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:51 am
by Homerlovesbeer
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:26 am
by jomark
Bought two of these around 9 years ago and you simply cannot imagine life without it when you are using Gunze or Tamiya paints.

Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:02 pm
by Damonkh
Have something similar that fits many sized bottles. I have ever increasing arthritis. Real PITA.
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:41 pm
by Les0012
This thing retails at about £9.50,
I got this one in Tesco's for £1
Les
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:34 pm
by Rodney
Yes i be lost with out mine to.. Its a great little thing to have
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:04 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Gotta get one for sure...pipe wrench and my gorilla grip is going to break something
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:59 pm
by Tiger131
Les0012 wrote:
This thing retails at about £9.50,
I got this one in Tesco's for £1
Les
And i did the same thing and it opens pickled onion jars like a dream two bosha
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:30 am
by Homerlovesbeer
No Tescos in Australia unfortunately......
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:59 am
by Tiger131
Dont worry u aint missing much..haha
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 am
by Paul
There are time when the mr hobby tools struggles to open a used bottle of paint, ill put money on that tesco one not doing the job properly.
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:55 am
by RobBye
I bought a couple of those generic jar openers through ebay, before I got a Mr Hobby wrench. The generic openers are reasonably good - the Mr Hobby wrench is simply Brilliant! I'd say use the Mr Hobby, if you can find one.
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:18 pm
by digger303
those that have a 3d printer should be able to rustle one up
Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:16 pm
by RobBye
digger303 wrote:those that have a 3d printer should be able to rustle one up
Maybe you could replicate the wrench, but the Mr Hobby system has two pieces, the second being a silicone cup for the paint bottle to sit in. The wrench twists off stubborn lids, while the silicone cup allows you to get a firm grip on the bottle. It's an extremely well thought out system, simple and cheap. If that sounds good to you, just buy one.

Re: Mr Hobby bottle opener
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:23 pm
by rodrant
It is one of my favourite tools , and works great on the Tamiya bottles too ...I mean the 10 ml version , even the more stubborn surrender ...and some times they can get quite stubborn !
