Page 1 of 1
Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:56 pm
by Puj
First attempt at doing a car diorama... picked a cheap model to attempt. Any comments/tips or advice are welcome.

Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:03 pm
by Sturm
That is one beat up vehicle!! Very we'll done mate!
Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:31 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Might polish out with a bit of elbow grease
Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:08 am
by OneSmallStep1966
Is that the old Airfix kit that can be had for about six quid? I got one of those last year and nothing fitted very well so your idea to turn it into a wreck is inspired.l (mine went in the bin after having served its purpose of testing new painting / weathering techniques).
I particularly like the way you've done the flat tyres and broken glass.
Well done, it looks great

Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:45 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi, it does look great can I ask how you did the broken glass (especially the little holes with the shattered edges) I only ask as I would like to pinch-sorry borrow that idea.
Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:05 pm
by Puj
kpisnuts wrote:Hi, it does look great can I ask how you did the broken glass (especially the little holes with the shattered edges) I only ask as I would like to pinch-sorry borrow that idea.
It was done by using a small drill initially - I then used a dremel with a bullet shaped sanding gizmo to rough it up a bit. I used a modelling knife to make the cracks. Very thin nosed pliers were used to break away the bigger pieces of glass.
It is still a WIP...

Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:22 pm
by Puj
There is a story behind this little project.......
I needed some precision glue desperately for another project during a weekend - so I went to my local Hobbycraft shop. They had completely sold out. Only the tubes were available........ then I noticed that this little cheap model had a small pot of precision glue included with it.
Rather than bin the model, I decided to use it as practice piece to learn more about rusting powders and washes. Also a bit of a free licence to beat it up a bit

Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:06 pm
by Puj
Classing this as finished now.

Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:56 pm
by OneSmallStep1966
Puj wrote:Rather than bin the model, I decided to use it as practice piece to learn more about rusting powders and washes. Also a bit of a free licence to beat it up a bit

That's about all that kits good for and you've done a superb job with it and the diorama

Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:19 pm
by Puj
OneSmallStep1966 wrote:
That's about all that kits good for and you've done a superb job with it and the diorama

Thanks for the comment. Currently working on another aircraft diorama, I find them quite enjoyable little projects.
Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:34 am
by kpisnuts
Superb job, looks great.
Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:34 pm
by exmoor
That looks great
Re: Derelict Truimph Herald
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:11 am
by Johnj
Something a bit different. Love it. Nice one
I had a car like that once. I can remember someone pulling along side at a set of lights and asking 'was anybody hurt'.........cheeky git