Page 1 of 1
Airfix - Supermarine Spitfire MK1a - 1/72
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:51 pm
by Kgbow
Ok guys. Here's my first ever build coming from a game world modeling scene. Must say, I'm enjoying it a lot!
I know there's a few mistakes but I'm happy as it's my first crack at it!
note - I had issues with both gloss and mat varnish going "misty" anyone with that problem try these two things...
Gloss - Pledge
Matt - Windsor and Newton Acrylic mat varnish
NO MORE MISTING!
Thanks for having a look! Any comments or criticism would be greatly received!

Re: Airfix - Supermarine Spitfire MK1a - 1/72
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:42 pm
by sprebound
Nice work!
Re: Airfix - Supermarine Spitfire MK1a - 1/72
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:46 pm
by Smiffy
Great looking spitfire

Re: Airfix - Supermarine Spitfire MK1a - 1/72
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:57 pm
by Sturm
Outstanding build mate, looks better than my first attempt at modeling. The weathering is nice and I don't see any mistakes besides the canopy looking foggy. But it doess not matter it looks great you should be proud!
Looks like we keep getting new modelers in the forum, I think our hobby is growing.
Re: Airfix - Supermarine Spitfire MK1a - 1/72
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:05 am
by Kgbow
Thanks guys!

We do these things for our own pleasure. But, it always feels nice when someone gives you a pat on the back! Thanks so much!
Re: Airfix - Supermarine Spitfire MK1a - 1/72
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:06 pm
by demarcation
Looks great mate!!

Re: Airfix - Supermarine Spitfire MK1a - 1/72
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:14 pm
by ollie
You did a super job on that. Best wishes to you always.

Re: Airfix - Supermarine Spitfire MK1a - 1/72
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:57 pm
by Gav0909
That's a cracking wee build there mate. The camo is very neatly done, good work, and it just generally looks like a nicely painted Spit. Excellent.