Page 1 of 1

Kitech ( Italeri rebox I believe) 1/72 Mil-24 Hind F

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:35 pm
by Skillamac
Found this kit second hand but sealed for a £5 so I thought I'd give it a go

Re: Kitech ( Italeri rebox I believe) 1/72 Mil-24 Hind F

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:37 pm
by Skillamac
_20160207_163431.JPG

Re: Kitech ( Italeri rebox I believe) 1/72 Mil-24 Hind F

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:38 pm
by Skillamac
_20160207_161833.JPG

Re: Kitech ( Italeri rebox I believe) 1/72 Mil-24 Hind F

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:39 pm
by Skillamac
_20160207_161730.JPG

Re: Kitech ( Italeri rebox I believe) 1/72 Mil-24 Hind F

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:40 pm
by Skillamac
_20160207_161622.JPG
Canopy has options for open straight from the box which is cool

Re: Kitech ( Italeri rebox I believe) 1/72 Mil-24 Hind F

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:45 pm
by Skillamac
_20160207_161854.JPG
_20160207_161700.JPG
_20160207_162002.JPG
Some raised details on the cockpit parts too

Re: Kitech ( Italeri rebox I believe) 1/72 Mil-24 Hind F

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:47 pm
by Skillamac
_20160207_161930.JPG
_20160207_161946.JPG
And some raised detailing for the back cabin area too, the kit does have a fair amount of flash and ejector pin marks kicking about but for £5 I'm quite happy with the find

Re: Kitech ( Italeri rebox I believe) 1/72 Mil-24 Hind F

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:48 pm
by Skillamac
_20160207_234401.JPG
First go at scratch building parts for the cockpit, I used Tamiya masking tape, PVA glue, a pair of tweezers, no 2 brush and a cocktail stick. Overall given its the first time I've tried this technique I'm quite happy with the results. I guess I'll get better in time but after a while I found wetting the masking tape with the PVA made it a bit easier to mould into place..