Page 1 of 1

Tamiya 1/48 RAF Mustang

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:03 am
by das84
Just a few pictures of my latest completed build, all out of the box with the exception of the PE seatbelts. I decided I was going to have another go at post shading so spent ages squiggling various shades of lightened paint all over only for majority of my effort to disappear under the coats of varnish, there is only one small patch where its showing through so I'm guessing the key is to not try and be quite so subtle with it.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Tamiya 1/48 RAF Mustang

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:38 am
by Avgas
Nice paint job.

Re: Tamiya 1/48 RAF Mustang

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:49 am
by Homerlovesbeer
Great job!

Re: Tamiya 1/48 RAF Mustang

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:19 pm
by Gav0909
Looks really nice mate. Lesson learnt for the next on re: the shading. You don't improve unless you realise what did/didn't work, so don't worry about it. The result looks great as is though, thumbs up!

Re: Tamiya 1/48 RAF Mustang

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:30 pm
by Spook
Nicely done mate,it's good to see a mustang in anything but US markings for a change.

Re: Tamiya 1/48 RAF Mustang

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:27 am
by das84
Thanks for the comments, Have discovered the paint fading isnt quite as invisible as I first thought it just depends what light you look at it under.