Page 1 of 1
Hobby Boss F-16 1/72
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:26 am
by pourquoi61
Don't like F-16s. Could not resist a bargain.
I do not like the colour schemes provided in the kit so I will look for an alternate camouflage pattern.
Gave a quick spray of XF-2 White and hand-painted the cockpit with XF-20 Medium Grey. The kit will be built straight out of the box.
Put the cockpit in.
Part B20 stuck proud and was poor fit. Glued in place then removed excess.
Added 5 gram weight to the front of the aircraft to(hopefully) prevent the F-16 from tail-sitting when assembled.
Re: Hobby Boss F-16 1/72
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:38 pm
by pourquoi61
Most of the building work done, sanding and dry fitting along the way. Not a tamiya build, but for £4.00 what do you expect?

I do like the all in one undercarriage and bulk head.

Re: Hobby Boss F-16 1/72
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:00 pm
by pourquoi61
Painting the wheels, I always touch the wheel rim with a small amount of thinners: X20A. Then dip my paint brush in the paint, just a small amount is needed, then just touch the wheel/tyre edge until the paint is picked up by the thinners and capillary action runs the paint around the wheel.

Like so.

Then fill in the rest of the tyre. Repeat on both sides.

The F16 is ready for spraying, the canopy has a small gap at the rear. I do not fill as this is my first go at doing a blog and I just want to learn bloging.

First colour on, XF54 Dark Sea Grey. Sorry I am having to spray and decal as per instructions.

To make it a little more interesting I add some white to base colour. As I have said I do not like F16s .

.

I then put a blue tack worm on and sprayed the front top nose section XF19 Sky Grey.

Re: Hobby Boss F-16 1/72
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:29 pm
by Navcom
Looking good! I have a lot of respect for 1/72 scale builders. My hand and eyes are NOT designed for something so small! Good job!
Re: Hobby Boss F-16 1/72
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:46 pm
by pourquoi61
Thank you my fellow builder, if you take a closer look you can see that I also should be building in a larger scale.
Re: Hobby Boss F-16 1/72
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:51 pm
by Navcom
LOL!
Looks good from here!
Re: Hobby Boss F-16 1/72
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:45 pm
by pourquoi61
Model now gets a wash of Dark Dirt.

I do not think I will mention the wash make,it is an F Word.

Wash removed, sorry to the American Royal Air Force I know you keep your planes cleaner than this one.

Ready for decals and other bits and bobs.

Re: Hobby Boss F-16 1/72
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:55 pm
by pourquoi61
The model gets a coat of Johnson's Klear and is allowed to dry, decals are placed on the kit. Second coat of Klear sprayed.
As a foot note, Micro sol was also used when decals applied.
The model then gets a coat of Tamiya Semi Gloss Clear X35. Bits and bobs are added and canopy masking removed.
