Sparmax compressor/airbrush

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Sparmax compressor/airbrush

Post by Damonkh »

I am considering this and would like your thoughts pro/con on it before I spend the money.

Thanks

http://store.sparmaxair.com/collections ... ushing-kit
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
MNO
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:29 am

Re: Sparmax compressor/airbrush

Post by MNO »

I have a sparmax ab. I like it for general use. It does me pretty good. But if I had to do it over get a different compressor. One with a tank also. I don't remember the model or part#. But Paul does. It's off eBay I'm sure.
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Re: Sparmax compressor/airbrush

Post by Damonkh »

Cool thanks for the input.
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Sparmax compressor/airbrush

Post by Lysus »

A tank is nice to have since it stops the airbrush from stuttering while spraying.

I nabbed one like this one here.

If you need portability though, that one you're looking at seems good.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Re: Sparmax compressor/airbrush

Post by Damonkh »

Lysus wrote:A tank is nice to have since it stops the airbrush from stuttering while spraying.

I nabbed one like this one here.

If you need portability though, that one you're looking at seems good.

Thanks. I thought about it, but I already have an air tank that I thought I could just plumb into a compressor. Even have a water trap for it.
I am looking to get the Airbrush compressor combo and just liked the looks of the compressor.
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”