Page 1 of 1

Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:32 am
by PrivateMansoor
Here is my second entry into this GB.

Revell 1/25 1994 Impala SS.
Kit No 85-9366
Scalemates link: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/158542- ... -impala-ss

I saw alot of these cars when I was a kid, and now am going to build this like I used to recall it.

I will paint it black using Tamiya Spray TS-14, the interior and underside will be brush painted.

Here are some pictures
Image

Image

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:39 pm
by Lysus
PrivateMansoor wrote: I saw alot of these cars when I was a kid, and now am going to build this like I used to recall it.
I hope they weren't like this: http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 ... 002-63.jpg

;)

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:35 am
by Twokidsnosleep
A sleeper car

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:28 am
by EricM
Lysus wrote:
PrivateMansoor wrote: I saw alot of these cars when I was a kid, and now am going to build this like I used to recall it.
I hope they weren't like this: http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 ... 002-63.jpg

;)
Anyone who does that to a fine car like an impala should just... No, yeah they need to just not drive a car anymore.

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:38 am
by PrivateMansoor
Twokidsnosleep wrote:A sleeper car
Definitely a Sleeper Car!

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:39 am
by PrivateMansoor
Lysus wrote:
PrivateMansoor wrote: I saw alot of these cars when I was a kid, and now am going to build this like I used to recall it.
I hope they weren't like this: http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 ... 002-63.jpg

;)
lol, They were definitely nothing like those.

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:13 am
by PrivateMansoor
EricM wrote:
Lysus wrote:
PrivateMansoor wrote: I saw alot of these cars when I was a kid, and now am going to build this like I used to recall it.
I hope they weren't like this: http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 ... 002-63.jpg

;)
Anyone who does that to a fine car like an impala should just... No, yeah they need to just not drive a car anymore.
I agree completely mate!

Anyways some work done on the kit

The engine
Image

Image

The underside being painted

Image

Image

Image

I have given the engine a wash with vallejo dirt but it seems like it wasnt too effective

Image

Body work

Image

Primer applied (tamiya grey primer)

Image

Image

Tamiya TS 14 used to paint the body

Image

Image

Body Polished and being test fitted - tyres also fixed

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thats it for now, will keep working on the underside and the engine and a bit more on the body.

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:48 pm
by EricM
lookin nice! may have to break my kit out and give it a whirl :thumb2:

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:44 pm
by PrivateMansoor
EricM wrote:lookin nice! may have to break my kit out and give it a whirl :thumb2:
Thanks mate, nothing wrong with having a go!

The build is complete, this should be my final update before the reveal.

I painted the interior - everything is brush painted.

The engine was also complete.

I then weathered the engine a bit and also the underside using Tamiya Weathering master

The hood doesnt fit on completely, its always slightly raised - I guess I can live with that.

Here are the pics

I started with the dashboard, it was painted and I added decals, but they looked very cartoonish

Image

I removed most of the decals and actually painted the details on, as I felt this looked more realistic

Image

Seats painted with black middle

Image

Image

Image

Side doors complete and all put together.

Image

Image

Image

Car put together

Image

Engine before weathering
Image

Image

Image

Underside before weathering

Image

Engine Weathered

Image

Image

Underside weathered slightly

Image

The car


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image[/URL]

Image

As seen, the hood doesnt fit on completely; it is raised slightly, but I dont really mind. I am happy with the build and the car overall is very nice for such an old kit.

I will give the car a bit of a cleanup and do up a Build Video and have a final reveal tomorrow or sometime in the week.

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:58 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Good stuff man, not an easy kit to make look so realistic
:thumb2:

Re: Revell 1/25 94 Impala SS

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:59 am
by PrivateMansoor
Twokidsnosleep wrote:Good stuff man, not an easy kit to make look so realistic
:thumb2:
Thanks TwoKids! It wasnt easy, but really worth it!

Build Video here

[youtube]lxBWTF7X0ok[/youtube]

or more pictures the Final Reveal is here

http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 49#p210849