Help with paint needed

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
gaz45
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Location: Nottingham uk
Great Britain

Help with paint needed

Post by gaz45 »

Hi all I have a mellenium falcon from bandai and all the instructions are in japanese this is not a problem with the build but the color callout is if anyone as built this could you help with the paints used
Many many thanks
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Help with paint needed

Post by Lysus »

Here's a color guide from (I think) the Fine Molds, which I mean, the Falcon is the Falcon no matter the manufacturer:

Image

The color call-outs are listed by column, so if you want Sandy Yellow (on the top right hand side) you can use (from left to right) Tamiya XF-60, Mr. Hobby Aqueous H-79, or GSI/Creos 39 (someone correct me on the Creos/Hobby/Color brand names if I got them wrong--I tend to mix them up).

So what this does is give you three brands and their versions of the color plus an English name.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
gaz45
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Location: Nottingham uk
Great Britain

Re: Help with paint needed

Post by gaz45 »

Cheers mate thanks for your help
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”