Page 1 of 1
East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:59 pm
by EricM
Idea came to mind while working on my car for pauls build, would anyone like to do a Big Rig SiG toward the middle or end of year maybe flowing into next year? i figured I wouldnt put it directly after pauls as most are probably burnt out on cars by now

, So with that said it will be open to all scales and types( LTL, LTR,OTR over the road, heavy haul, car transporters , WHATEVER you like!) I'd just like my second suggestion to be a bigger hit than my corsairs over korea idea.
What say you good people of ISMland?

Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:01 pm
by NorthernModeller
Im in
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:01 pm
by Timplastic
That might be a may be. Like the idea of a car transporter can't say I've seen one though
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:51 pm
by Damonkh
Sure count me in. I have a Big Rig my wife got me for Christmas. I'll just set it aside for the sig

Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:40 pm
by Paul
Yep defo in one this
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:48 pm
by Lysus
Only just now doing my first ever car kit, but if the timing is right I'd give it a try. I used to live next door to a dude who was an engineer for Peterbilt and every now and then they'd roll the new model by his house and the neighborhood would come out to look at it. Nothing quite as cool as a big rig.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:44 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Oh I have wanted to do the Rubber Duck Mack again from Convoy...did it as a kid
Man you guys are killing me with schedule and timing
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:47 pm
by Kingdan
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:15 am
by wookiee76
Sure i can rustle some kind of rig up.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:11 am
by EricM
UPDATE:RULES
6mo 1st Aug 2016-31st Jan 2017
Anything bigger than a pickup truck/ No monster trucks(has to perform some sort of task)
Can be military or civilian
Dio- Is builders choice
Aftermarket if you can find it use it! I have found one site that sells quite a few bits and bobs for semi trucks, if you know of any others ppvintagekits.com
Articulated or Non doesnt matter(box van, rigid doesnt matter)
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:52 pm
by Timplastic
I will be taking part
Going to build this one

Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:29 pm
by SkyPainter303
Put me down for this, but have you seen the prices for truck kits on eBay? Pretty expensive.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:14 pm
by Timplastic
sounds good eric
looking forward to starting this
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:04 am
by HIghAltitudeScale
I'll join your build!
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:48 am
by EricM
SkyPainter303 wrote:Put me down for this, but have you seen the prices for truck kits on eBay? Pretty expensive.
Some kits can be, but if its a truck you like ya just GOTTA GET IT!
with that being said, we have two months before this starts. Lets hope everyone has the kits they want to build! See you in August!

Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:59 pm
by SkyPainter303
I am so cheap that I keep getting outbid on those Round 2 Models re-pops of the old AMT big rigs.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:14 pm
by EricM
SkyPainter303 wrote:I am so cheap that I keep getting outbid on those Round 2 Models re-pops of the old AMT big rigs.
If you don't get one, i can look where i am and make you a deal. Evilbay can get frustrating sometimes.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:27 pm
by SkyPainter303
Hobby Lobby usually stocks a couple examples (usually a Ford C-600 straight truck). Sometime I'll go over and use their 40% Off discount coupon.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:59 pm
by johnfr
I'm in haven't done truck in years

Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:49 pm
by EricM
Ok guys, only a couple weeks until the start of the build. Everyone got what they need to build and fabricate!
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:11 am
by ForbesHutton
Twokidsnosleep wrote:Oh I have wanted to do the Rubber Duck Mack again from Convoy...did it as a kid
Man you guys are killing me with schedule and timing
[youtube]Sd5ZLJWQmss[/youtube]
Love the song,
like the movie,
had a huge crush on Ali MacGraw....
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:43 am
by ForbesHutton
Hummm...
with the tractor in black:
it could pass for the Rubber Duck's ride.
http://www.revell.com/model-kits/snapti ... 4WcvvkrJD8
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:46 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Oh ya, Ali McGraw
I was too young to know why, but I liked her a lot
Got a line on a resin kit, but no time for it, money or postal service...until I change my mind and just say F it I am doing it
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:57 am
by ForbesHutton
This would be my other option:

Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:48 pm
by SkyPainter303
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:28 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Ahh that is the one i did as a kid. I have fond memories of it, but it has some inaccuracies and looks bit toylike when finished
This is one I have my eye on
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/176911- ... r-duck-kit
Would be great to get both and make the best of them...$$$$$$
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:51 pm
by SkyPainter303
Do any of you have experience with the Revell Snap Tite 1/32 truck kits? Are they detailed well? Are they too toy like?
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:59 pm
by Lysus
SkyPainter303 wrote:Do any of you have experience with the Revell Snap Tite 1/32 truck kits? Are they detailed well? Are they too toy like?
I'd like to hear about this, too. If I have any time at all to manage this one it'll need to be one of those kits.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:11 am
by EricM
This isnt definite but im sure like most of theyre snap kits, they are pretty basic.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:20 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Well I think I am out of this build.
Went to order the Duck and the guy is a Neanderthal....one word answers on e-mail, have to use a certain windows form to order and only paypal-won't take my credit card.
Forget it, I have more projects in my head and this just kills this project idea as I won't deal with people like this who don't want to do business with you.
Sorry, it would have been cool
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:18 am
by PrivateMansoor
EricM wrote:UPDATE:RULES
6mo 1st Aug 2016-31st Jan 2017
Anything bigger than a pickup truck/ No monster trucks(has to perform some sort of task)
Can be military or civilian
Dio- Is builders choice
Aftermarket if you can find it use it! I have found one site that sells quite a few bits and bobs for semi trucks, if you know of any others ppvintagekits.com
Articulated or Non doesnt matter(box van, rigid doesnt matter)
Hi EricM..
Is this SIG still gona start on 1st Aug?
If so
Im in!
1/48 Italeri German Fuel Truck
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
by EricM
Yes Sir! look forward to your build!
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:10 pm
by Jan01
Might join in this, something different from military.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:02 am
by EricM
Anxious to see what everyone has been working on! hopefully everyone has been keeping track of their progress for when the build thread gets put up.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:53 pm
by johnfr
Camera not working on my phone. Got an old airfix kit, scaina 141 so I'm in good buddy.
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:14 am
by Twokidsnosleep
There was a Rubber Duck Mac truck on E Bay...glue bomb that would need overhauling
I didn't bite as the darn "death proof duck" hood statue had its head BITTEN OFF!!!!
No way I could reproduce one. So I am doing a Ford race transport
Re: East Boundin' Down NON ISM SIG Mid late year build
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:46 am
by Lysus
I suppose this doesn't quite fit the bill:
I mean, it looks like a garbage truck to keep your beach hipsters in according to the box art.