MIXING UPM STYNYLREZ

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
kruno59
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bexleyheath - Kent - UK

MIXING UPM STYNYLREZ

Post by kruno59 »

Guys,

Edit: Anyone mixed them - thinking of mixing the Black and white to avoid using the grey

Is there any reason this is more difficult to spray than the black or white - had a mare with it today - switched to the black - same psi etc - sprayed like a dream - both bottles bought at the same time.
Last edited by kruno59 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: UPM Grey STYNYLREZ

Post by Paul »

kruno59 wrote:Guys,

Is there any reason this is more difficult to spray than the black or white - had a mare with it today - switched to the black - same psi etc - sprayed like a dream - both bottles bought at the same time.
No not at all, i use all three colours and don't have problem. The only time I've ever ha problem with these primers is if the airbrush isn't properly clean
kruno59
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bexleyheath - Kent - UK

Re: UPM Grey STYNYLREZ

Post by kruno59 »

Perhaps it's a bad bottle - if the black didn't spray ok then I would have said maybe that is the case but I have seen that others have had problem with the grey which does appear to be thicker - which is why it gets shaken more and I take the contents out with a eye dropper not via the lid
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: UPM Grey STYNYLREZ

Post by Coen »

I have to increase the psi to 28 and use my .6mm to spray the grey.
It sprays fine then, though it's really hard on the compressor.
I've not tried the white yet.
kruno59
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bexleyheath - Kent - UK

Re: UPM Grey STYNYLREZ

Post by kruno59 »

perhaps the manufactures can have another look at the mix for the grey and tone down its viscosity to match the black.

Mike, as for the white, from memory it sits in between the grey and the back
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: UPM Grey STYNYLREZ

Post by chief5437 »

I found the same. But I was using a .3 needle. Black was fine, grey struggled. I bought a cheap .5 gun and the grey worked fine in that.
Chief
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”