Page 1 of 1

Zvezda Boeing 787-8 Converted to a Boeing 787-9 Virgin Dreamliner.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:47 pm
by FuzzSquad
Hi there another build I did at the tail end of last year, this was pre airbrush and clear laquer days. It's started off life as a Zvezda Boeing 787-8 kit 1/144 scale I purchased quite cheaply from eBay. I then did some measuring and cut it it to three pieces. I then found some household plumbing pipe which matched the inside diameter. It was then just a case of filling and sanding until I got a smooth shape. I believe Zvezda are bringing a 787-9 kit out later this year.
The decals came from Ray at 26decals, these screen printed decals rank among the best I've used for these airliners. It's was painted Halfords Applaince White, with the red sections being painted Humbrol Matt aluminium, then given several coats of Tamiya Candy Red.
Anyway I hope you like it.
Cheers

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

And sitting next to another Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner I built, this time a Qatar one, on that one the grey came from Model Master and is the correct FS colour, and the decals from DrawDecal, which again are another quality decal manufacturer.

Image

Anyway I hope you like them.

Cheers

Re: Zvezda Boeing 787-8 Converted to a Boeing 787-9 Virgin Dreamliner.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:41 pm
by Willem
They both look gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them.

:cheers2:

Re: Zvezda Boeing 787-8 Converted to a Boeing 787-9 Virgin Dreamliner.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:46 pm
by Avgas
Another great airliner build, nice to see someone building these kits.

Re: Zvezda Boeing 787-8 Converted to a Boeing 787-9 Virgin Dreamliner.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:00 am
by JediBoer
:th: Stunning work on that 787! I flew on one of those from London to Johannesburg in December! Best airliner in my humble opinion! :cheers2:

Re: Zvezda Boeing 787-8 Converted to a Boeing 787-9 Virgin Dreamliner.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:16 am
by Pauljames
well done

Re: Zvezda Boeing 787-8 Converted to a Boeing 787-9 Virgin Dreamliner.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:24 pm
by Davethepitch
I love large aircraft so I may do one sometime but I doubt it will look as good as yours.

Re: Zvezda Boeing 787-8 Converted to a Boeing 787-9 Virgin Dreamliner.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:16 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
That is superb!!!
Nicely done :thumb2: