Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
Post Reply
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

:welcome: hello my name is James and I am a new model builder. Welcome to my build of the trumpeter t62 mod.1962 it is a really detailed kit and it is one of my favourite tanks because of the round turret.

Here are a few pictures of the sprue and box.

Image


Image

Thanks for visiting, updates coming soon.
:hi: bye
James
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

:welcome:

Got some work done on the trumpeter t62 today as I had a day of school! :P I have been working on the running gear and tracks so far. Most people hate doing those parts but they are actually my favourite because they are great when it is late at night and you can just relax plus not have to worry about lots of different parts so you can just enjoy it :)

The wheels are very simple to construct but I must warn you! On the sprue they all appear the same but a few are labeled differently and they are also a separate construction. This is because the wheels on both sides are staggered slightly and the ones on each end are a slightly different height. Consequently this means that the tracks and wheels will not sit right if you do not follow this. It is my only complaint from trumpeter though as it is a great model kit but I would recommend for you to mark them as I have so you can remember which is which .:ugeek:

Anyway here are the pics
Image

Image

Image

Working on the tracks

Image

Image

OK that's all for now but thanks for having a look and ad this one of my first builds feel free to give tips or criticism in the comments below! :hi:

On a side note at the weekend I saw this beauty, a Ferrari 458 Italia parked right outside :drool:

Image

Until next time bye!
Last edited by DoubleDigit12 on Fri May 06, 2016 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
James
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

That is a pricey yellow bird!!...beautiful
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by Stokesy44 »

Nice work on the running gear. Wheels and track looking good.
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

You're off to a good start :th:
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by schweinhund227 »

its a fine kit.... all you need is a fuel line kit or do your own... easy to do and makes a world of difference...
Nice work on the drive train...

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/bmz_cache/ ... 24x354.jpg
pic. just for reference... you can make that all by yourself !

Best of luck and Happy modelling ! :cheers2:
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

Thanks guys for all the encouragement! :cheers2:

Schwienhund227 do you think that can be done with stretched sprue or would it require the copper wire shown? :scratch::
James
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

Hey guys it's been a while... a really long while.Anyway long story short the t62 had a... fall. So after I had fixed it back up I realised I had lost 1 of the wheels so instead of getting upset about it I decided I would just make it a knocked out tank instead :th:

I've done alot of work since such as making the tracks and the upper hull. Have a look! :cheers2:



Image

Here is the engine deck

Image

Front plate

Image

Finally a very rough mock up of the tracks

Image[/URL]

Image


Thanks for looking :)
James
User avatar
AdamLuscombe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:57 pm
Location: texas
United States of America

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by AdamLuscombe »

Some nice work there James, good luck with the build :th: :pop:
On the bench:
Dragon
1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/48
Italeri
1/24 Ford Escort Mk. II
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by digger303 »

You'll just get it all finished then that damn wheel will reappear... :)
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
InitialProduction1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by InitialProduction1 »

An awesome start DoubleDigit12. Really liking the ruggedness of the tracks. They have great looking detail.
On the bench
Sturm boot dragon,PZIII ausf J dragon, jagtiger old dragon, initial tiger dragon, tiger rye field,
Life is way to short to Dislike art so don't, help don't hate. :think:

clay
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

digger303 wrote:You'll just get it all finished then that damn wheel will reappear... :)
:lol:

AdamLuscombe wrote:Some nice work there James, good luck with the build :th: :pop:
Thanks... I'll need it. :tongue:
InitialProduction1 wrote:An awesome start DoubleDigit12. Really liking the ruggedness of the tracks. They have great looking detail.
Thanks, the tracks have amaxing detail but the single links where a nightmare. One nice thing though I'd there are no ejection pin marks on the tracks :th:
James
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

Hello guys
Here i have a quick update. I spent some time detailing the fenders and gluing them on. Pretty annoying sub-assemblies for those boxes but otherwise turned out great. Only thing is when I left my finger on one of the boxes making a fingerprint but a quick sand and it was gone. :th:

Image

Image

Up next is the turret :)
James
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

Hey guys back with another quick update. This time I added the final details to the hull and created the tow cables.

The hull and tow cables

Image

The hook at the rear.

Image

The hook on the front

Image

Up next is the turret.
James
User avatar
AgentG
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by AgentG »

I'm liking this one.

G
User avatar
Jscale32
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 am
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by Jscale32 »

I just ordered this kit two days ago, would you recommend it? By the way the T-62 is also one of my favorite tanks. :th:
1/35 :apc:

On the bench:
Academy 1/72 Fw190 d-9
chalkyw
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:49 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by chalkyw »

Looking like a very nice build so far James :pop: :th:
Former Newbie seeking knowledge :hi:
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

Jscale32 wrote:I just ordered this kit two days ago, would you recommend it? By the way the T-62 is also one of my favorite tanks. :th:
Sorry I have been inactive haven't touched a model in months but yes I would highly recommend this model it is the best one I have ever built :thumb1:

Cheers probably build some tonight as I haven't been in the mood to do a model for 6 months.
James
User avatar
Jscale32
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 am
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Trumpeter t62 model 1962 1/35 scale

Post by Jscale32 »

I've finished the kit by now, it was a great kit.
1/35 :apc:

On the bench:
Academy 1/72 Fw190 d-9
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”