Page 1 of 1
New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:05 am
by Lee
It's such a shame that Humbrol paints are a complete PITA to spray, the new colours look good and they do have a massive range....
http://www.humbrol.com/news/new-humbrol ... nby-airfix
Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 am
by Gav0909
I already posted this a few days ago.........
Keep up Lee!

Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 am
by UKscalemodeller
Well I have only just noticed it!
these coming out is a little annoying though because I think their RLM 02 is probably a better match than Vallejo air 44 (claimed to be RLM 02), which I am planning on using.
Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:22 am
by customtk
I may try some
I found the acrylics OK to spray at around 20 PSI with tamiya x20a at around 60/40 thinners to paint ratio
I couldn't get on with there own thinners, terrible results
thanks
tony
Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 am
by Lee
The problem is they're just so "gloopy"...!! Plus it's a PITA getting the paint out of the jar into the paint cup, you kinda have to spoon it in....lol
They probably have the best range of colours too

Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm
by Gav0909
Maybe we all need to write to Humbrol asking that they consider putting their paints into dropper bottles of some kind?
Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:22 pm
by Lee
I agree, but might be a little too radical for them....lol
Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:33 pm
by Gav0909
That's true. I found it easier to get paint into an airbrush from their pots if you take the white top off, then you don't get the lip formed by the flip top lid in the way.
Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:34 pm
by Paul
Xtracrylix the only rlm colours you ever need
Vallejo colours are way off, ill be interested to see how close mr hobby are on the techniques me-109
Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:15 pm
by Lysion
How come Humbrol even survive as a paint & accessories brand?
Almost no-one seem to use it? Let alone use their other products...
Re: New Humbrol RLM colours....
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:26 pm
by HobbyModeller
I've always used Humbrol with a couple of Revell, Citadel and Tamiya paints... I suppose this is down to the fact that I brushpaint and Humbrol was always available in the shops, I think this case applies to a lot of people. Also Airfix quote Humbrol paints and other mediums in their kits so being the biggest model company in the UK this must help them too. Personally they've always been my favourite as they are inexpensive, good for brushing and widely available. They also do a great variety of colours in acrylic and enamel as well as plenty of accessories which seem to sell well.