'59 El Camino

Cars, trucks and bikes
Post Reply
frozono
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

'59 El Camino

Post by frozono »

This is something that I'm working on...... this is a quick group build for a club.....

tires and wheels.......

Image

two tone body.......

Image

Image

the idea.......
Image

Image

I will post more pics.......
User avatar
Belmosan
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:38 pm
Location: New York State
Contact:
United States of America

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by Belmosan »

Cool choice
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBelmosan

On the bench:
AMT/Round2 1/1400 Enterprise clear
Airfix 1/72 German E-Boat (Circa 1975)
Ether
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:11 pm
Russia

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by Ether »

Each time I see such awesome pictures with bikes or cars I cry about not being able to use 2K varnishes and Zero paints (or similar) at a place, where I build and enjoy our hobby.

Good start and good luck.
frozono
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by frozono »

Thanks everyone....... I had a little situation with the paint...... it felt from my hand......

Image

I strip the paint and repaint.... this tome I change the gray for a metallic blue...... first paint job....

Image

new paint job.....

Image

i will post more pics.......
frozono
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by frozono »

I finished some of the chrome parts......

Image

I will post more pics.......
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

This is a cool project, have always liked these cars
Saw a wicked hot rod version in Oahu Hawaii a few years back...see if I can find a pic for ya
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
frozono
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by frozono »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:This is a cool project, have always liked these cars
Saw a wicked hot rod version in Oahu Hawaii a few years back...see if I can find a pic for ya
I have two more....... I will like to see it.... :thumb1:
frozono
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by frozono »

Hi every one.... an update...... I used Bare-Metal foil for the trim......

Image

Image

also I strip the chrome that came with the kit and re chromed using Alclad..... I used Vallejo black primer.... then sealed with a gloss varnish...... then the Alclad chrome.....

Image

Image

Image

Image

I will post more pics.......
frozono
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by frozono »

Hi every one i took some pics outside.......

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

using the sun light i can see better the colors in natural light......
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Paint WOW!!! :jd:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
frozono
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by frozono »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:Paint WOW!!! :jd:
Thanks...... is finish......

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks....... :D
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

How COOL is that!!!!
Great job, absolutely love it. Would be an awesome 1:1 car to own
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
frozono
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: '59 El Camino

Post by frozono »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:How COOL is that!!!!
Great job, absolutely love it. Would be an awesome 1:1 car to own
Thanks!!!!!!
Post Reply

Return to “Road Vehicles”