Page 1 of 1

French double feature

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:33 am
by Tomi
I'm probably shooting myself in the leg but... :lol: As my JS-7 project is now on hold while it's waiting final bits to arrive, I decided to thin out the herd so to speak and started Tamiya Somua S35. This will be part of Tamiya OOB II group build on Finnish modelling site. While I was at it, my gaze wondered to my stash and to newly acquired AMX-13 and I thought why not make this double build.

Image

First Somua, as said this will be strictly OOB build so no aftermarket. Some modifications to existing parts yes, and one of them is opening up engine deck grilles:
Image

Running gear is all assembled, hull is just there for show atm:
Image

AMX-13, this will be another derelict tank like my recent T-62 and I'm using Friul tracks for this one. Here is mock up, turret and upper hull are not attached yet:
Image

These projects will go on hold as soon as I'll get parts for JS-7.

Re: French double feature

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:49 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
I like this idea of building the two iconic tanks along with each other :)

Re: French double feature

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:57 pm
by schweinhund227
awesome work on those Grilles ! wow! how did you do it ? :cheers2:

Re: French double feature

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:26 pm
by Tomi
schweinhund227 wrote:awesome work on those Grilles ! wow! how did you do it ? :cheers2:
Simple, just thin the part to the point that grille gaps open up, rest is tedious cleaning with sharp blade. One is almost done, other I haven't even started yet. I got idea to do this from Tamiya Modelling Magazine issue 234.