Need Paint help Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:06 pm
Gentlemen,
I have three questions;
1. Would appreciate your help deciding on the paint colors for the Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito kit #61062. Tamiya suggests for camouflage scheme: for top of wings DARK GREEN AS9, combined with OCEAN GREY AS10. For the underside of wings and fuselage, MEDIUM SEA GREY AS11.
I think these are lacquer and possibly in spray cans. I would like to use ALLEJO MODEL COLORS since I will be brush painting. Can you suggest the proper ALLEJO MODEL COLORS for this aircraft?
Looking at color charts I have tried to match the Allejo model colors to the Tamiya color chart. I arrived at the following: top of wings DARK GREEN
#70970, combined with BASALT GREY #70869. For the underside of wings and fuselage, PALE BLUE #70906. For the interior of the cockpit INTERMEDIATE GREEN #70891.
Do you agree with my choice of Allejo Model colors?
2. Do the Allejo model colors need to be thinned when applied by brush? I know the Allejo Air colors for airbrush application need to be thinned.
3. In the 1/48 scale is the Tamiya kit (#61062) the best, or would you suggest another kit? I know the best Mosquito kit is the Tamiya1/32 scale, but the cost is over US$125.
Thank you.
PS I have been away from plastic aircraft modeling for 30 years, and I am trying to become familiar with the kits, paints and accessory available today.
Vastly different than 30 years ago. The biggest change is the vast quantity of information available on the internet such as this forum. Back then the only info available was through modeling magazines and books. The process was therefore slow and costly.
I have three questions;
1. Would appreciate your help deciding on the paint colors for the Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito kit #61062. Tamiya suggests for camouflage scheme: for top of wings DARK GREEN AS9, combined with OCEAN GREY AS10. For the underside of wings and fuselage, MEDIUM SEA GREY AS11.
I think these are lacquer and possibly in spray cans. I would like to use ALLEJO MODEL COLORS since I will be brush painting. Can you suggest the proper ALLEJO MODEL COLORS for this aircraft?
Looking at color charts I have tried to match the Allejo model colors to the Tamiya color chart. I arrived at the following: top of wings DARK GREEN
#70970, combined with BASALT GREY #70869. For the underside of wings and fuselage, PALE BLUE #70906. For the interior of the cockpit INTERMEDIATE GREEN #70891.
Do you agree with my choice of Allejo Model colors?
2. Do the Allejo model colors need to be thinned when applied by brush? I know the Allejo Air colors for airbrush application need to be thinned.
3. In the 1/48 scale is the Tamiya kit (#61062) the best, or would you suggest another kit? I know the best Mosquito kit is the Tamiya1/32 scale, but the cost is over US$125.
Thank you.
PS I have been away from plastic aircraft modeling for 30 years, and I am trying to become familiar with the kits, paints and accessory available today.
Vastly different than 30 years ago. The biggest change is the vast quantity of information available on the internet such as this forum. Back then the only info available was through modeling magazines and books. The process was therefore slow and costly.