Page 1 of 1
Israeli Sinai Grey - Merkava MK.IIID(LIC)
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:00 pm
by hooterville75
Does anyone know if this is the proper color for the Israeli Merkava MK.IIID(LIC) ?? From doing research I'm reading it could be one of any 10293838 colors and the shade changes with weathering based on where the vehicle was stationed.
I realize I'll probably have to get a base start color and tweak from there but I was wondering if this was actually the proper name for the Israeli color for the Merkava ? The colors I'm finding online vs the colors the paint and markings guide shows in the kit are very very different. Hope I've explained what I'm trying to find out good enough for ya all to understand my mumble jumble haha. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Deron
Re: Israeli Sinai Grey - Merkava MK.IIID(LIC)
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:38 pm
by Ether
Re: Israeli Sinai Grey - Merkava MK.IIID(LIC)
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:45 am
by hooterville75
Wow!!! Thanks for that but like my confusion before asking the question on here. The reference photos I've got and on the paint/marking guide as well as box art that color by AK is way way too dark but I guess pics can be deceiving as well as with weathering, sun, dust, sand, earth etc I guess it could fade to depict the pics etc. I'll order some of this and see how we make out. I need to use my paint bible and see if the Sinai grey by AK has any other alternatives. I know the Model Master Israeli Sand is way off. Thanks for this I'll get some and rock on.
Re: Israeli Sinai Grey - Merkava MK.IIID(LIC)
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:07 pm
by wookiee76
I'm in the middles of painting a merkava with the ak sinai grey, looks a little dark over a black primer but i will lighten it with fading etc, pics will be on the ism facebook page later. A grey primer would give a lighter finish however.
Re: Israeli Sinai Grey - Merkava MK.IIID(LIC)
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:08 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
I found the revell matt 45 pretty nice to represent that 1980 israeli grey. however, it seems like the latest color they use is a bit darker.
Re: Israeli Sinai Grey - Merkava MK.IIID(LIC)
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:41 pm
by wookiee76
Turns out it was the ammo paint i had not ak, but here it is over black primer.

Re: Israeli Sinai Grey - Merkava MK.IIID(LIC)
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 pm
by hooterville75
Thanks all. Michael I'm looking into the Revel color u mentioned. More research to do. Thanks again.